|Byju Raveendran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Year of Birth||1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Byju Raveendran is an Indian entrepreneur and educator who is best known as the co-founder and CEO of Byju’s, an Indian multinational educational technology company that was valued at USD 21 billion in December 2021 with more than 115 million registered students. In 2020, he was included in Fortune Magazine‘s ’40 Under 40’ list. In 2021, he had won a Forbes India Leadership Award (FILA) in the ‘Entrepreneur for the Year’ category. In January 2021, he was included in India’s National Startup Advisory Council as a non-official member.
Byju Raveendran was born in the year 1980.
Azhikode, Kannur, Kerala, India
Bengaluru, Bayaluseemé, Karnataka, India
Byju had attended a local Malayalam-medium school where both his parents were teachers. He would often skip classes and learn his lessons at home.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the Government College of Engineering, Kannur (GCEK), a state-sponsored engineering college in Kannur affiliated to the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, a state university located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. He had graduated from there with a B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree.
- Father – Raveendran (Former Physics Teacher)
- Mother – Shobhanavalli (Former Mathematics Teacher)
- Siblings – Riju Raveendran (Younger Brother) (Business Executive, Director at Byju’s)
- Others – His father-in-law is a nephrologist with Apollo Hospitals, an Indian multinational hospital chain. His mother-in-law was a programming executive with the broadcasting company Doordarshan, a public service broadcaster funded by the Government of India.
In 2020, Byju Raveendran, his wife Divya Gokulnath, and his younger brother Riju Raveendran had a combined net worth of $3.05 billion according to Forbes.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Byju has dated –
- Divya Gokulnath (2007–Present) – Byju had first met Divya Gokulnath in 2007 when she was attending a GRE (Graduate Record Examinations, a standardized test that is an admissions requirement for many graduate schools in the United States, Canada, and a few other countries) exam preparation course where he was teaching. She used to stay back and ask a lot of questions to him when he used to teach in auditoriums, hence she got noticed. They began dating soon after and got married some months later. They have 2 sons together named Nish Raveendran (b. 2013) and Nivin Raveendran (b. 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
Byju Raveendran Facts
- Byju, after graduating from the Government College of Engineering, Kannur, had joined a multinational shipping company as a service engineer.
- In 2003, during a vacation, he had started helping his friends who were preparing for CAT (Common Admission Test), a computer-based test for admission in graduate management programs in India. He later took that exam and managed to score in the 100th percentile, twice. About 2 years after this, he had decided to quit his job.
- In 2007, he had founded a test preparation business called Byju’s Classes and the company had grown to stadium-size classes.
- In 2011, with his wife Divya, he had co-founded Byju’s, an educational technology company whose mobile phone app was launched in 2015. By October 2018, the app had expanded to the United Kingdom, the United States, and some other English-speaking countries. In April 2021, Byju’s had acquired the Indian test-prep provider Aakash Educational Services Ltd. for approximately USD 1 billion.
Featured Image by Byju Raveendran / Instagram
I want to meet you soon