|Rakhi Sawant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1978|
Rakhi Sawant an Indian dancer, model, actress, and TV personality who had become a household name in the 2000s by appearing in a string of dance numbers in Bollywood movies. She has also been featured in several non-film music videos and played supporting characters in several Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Telugu, and Tamil language films. She has hosted TV shows such as The Rakhi Sawant Showz (2008), Rakhi ka Insaaf (2010), and Ghazab Desh Ki Ajab Kahaaniyan (2011). Rakhi has also participated in numerous reality TV shows including Bigg Boss 1 (2006), Nach Baliye 3 (2007, Runner-up), Jalwa Four 2 Ka 1 (2008), Yeh Hai Jalwa (2008, Winner), Pati, Patni Aur Woh (2009), Zara Nachke Dikha 2 (2010, Winner), Jubilee Comedy Circus (2011, Winner), and Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali (2013). In the latter half of her career, she had shown political leanings and launched a political party called the Rashtriya Aam Party to contest the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections. She had later joined the Republican Party of India (A) where she had served as state vice-president and president of the woman wing.
Rakhi Sawant, Drama Queen, Controversy Queen
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rakhi had studied at the Gokalibai Punamchand Pitambar High School in Vile Parle West, Mumbai. She had also attended the Mithibai College of Arts Chauhan Institute Of Science And Amrutben Jivanlal College Of Commerce And Economics, a renowned institution situated in the same neighborhood.
Dancer, Model, Actress, TV Personality
- Mother – Jaya Bheda
- Siblings – Rakesh Sawant (Brother) (Film Director), Usha Sawant (Sister) (Former Actress)
- Others – Anand Sawant (Adoptive Father) (Police Constable) (d. May 2012)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rakhi has dated –
- Abhishek Awasthi
- Mika Singh (2006)
- Elesh Parujanwala (2009) – In 2009, she had participated in a controversial reality TV show called Rakhi Ka Swayamwar where she was to chose her husband via a Swayamvar, an ancient ritual. In August 2009, she had selected Toronto-based contestant Elesh Parujanwala. However, by the end of the year, they had parted ways due to irreconcilable differences. She later revealed that she had got engaged to Elesh only for money.
- Deepak Kalal (2018) – Rakhi, in a comical press conference in November 2018, had announced that she would marry the controversial social media personality Deepak Kalal in a supposedly raunchy ceremony on December 31, 2018. Before the due date, however, she had informed the media that the ceremony had been canceled as the duo had broken up. It has been widely speculated since then that the entire episode was just a publicity stunt orchestrated by Deepak.
- Ritesh (2019-Present) – Rakhi revealed in July 2019 that she had got married to a UK-based Indian businessman named Ritesh. They had kept his full name and the details of their relationship and marriage secret for a long time for privacy reasons.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair dark brown, blonde, red, or silver.
- Curvaceous figure
- Cryptic smile
- Plump lips
- Long, straight hair
- Has a large tattoo on her back
- Has multiple tattoos on her waist and one on her right shoulder
Rakhi Sawant Facts
- Born as Neeru Bheda, Rakhi’s mother had decided to change her and her siblings’ surname to Sawant after her re-marriage to Anand Sawant.
- She had made her film debut with a minor role in the 1997 movie Agnichakra where she had been credited as Ruhi Sawant.
- She is infamous for her quirky comments, publicity stunts, and involvement in controversies. One of the first such incidents was in June 2006 when singer Mika Singh had attempted to forcefully kiss her at his birthday party. The episode had caused a major media stir at that time.
- She had contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from the Mumbai North-West constituency but had received just 15 votes after the first 3 rounds of voting, a situation so hilarious that it had sent social media into a meltdown.
- In November 2018, during a WWE promotional event, American wrestler Rebel had grabbed her and thrown her on her back. Rakhi, consequently, had fallen unconscious and had to be admitted to a nearby hospital.
Featured Image by Rakhi Sawant / Instagram