|Rakhi Sawant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rakhi Sawant is an Indian dancer, model, actress, and TV personality who had become a household name in the 2000s by appearing in a string of dance numbers in Bollywood movies. She has also been featured in several non-film music videos and played supporting characters in several Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Telugu, and Tamil language films. She has hosted TV shows such as The Rakhi Sawant Showz (2008), Rakhi ka Insaaf (2010), and Ghazab Desh Ki Ajab Kahaaniyan (2011). Rakhi has also participated in numerous reality TV shows including Bigg Boss 1 (2006), Nach Baliye 3 (2007, Runner-up), Jalwa Four 2 Ka 1 (2008), Yeh Hai Jalwa (2008, Winner), Pati, Patni Aur Woh (2009), Zara Nachke Dikha 2 (2010, Winner), Jubilee Comedy Circus (2011, Winner), and Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali (2013). In the latter half of her career, she had shown political leanings and launched a political party called the Rashtriya Aam Party to contest the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections. She had later joined the Republican Party of India (A) where she had served as state vice president and president of the woman’s wing.
Rakhi Sawant, Drama Queen, Controversy Queen
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rakhi had studied at the Gokalibai Punamchand Pitambar High School in Vile Parle West, Mumbai. She had also attended the Mithibai College of Arts Chauhan Institute Of Science And Amrutben Jivanlal College Of Commerce And Economics, a renowned institution situated in the same neighborhood.
Dancer, Model, Actress, TV Personality
- Mother – Jaya Bheda (Died in January 2023)
- Siblings – Rakesh Sawant (Brother) (Film Director), Usha Sawant (Sister) (Former Actress)
- Others – Anand Sawant (Adoptive Father) (Police Constable) (d. May 2012)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rakhi has dated –
- Abhishek Awasthi
- Elesh Parujanwala (2009) – In 2009, she had participated in a controversial reality TV show called Rakhi Ka Swayamwar where she was to choose her husband via a Swayamvar, an ancient ritual. In August 2009, she had selected Toronto-based contestant Elesh Parujanwala. However, by the end of the year, they had parted ways due to irreconcilable differences. She later revealed that she had gotten engaged to Elesh only for money.
- Deepak Kalal (2018) – Rakhi, in a comical press conference in November 2018, had announced that she would marry the controversial social media personality Deepak Kalal in a supposedly raunchy ceremony on December 31, 2018. Before the due date, however, she had informed the media that the ceremony had been canceled as the duo had broken up. It has been widely speculated since then that the entire episode was just a publicity stunt orchestrated by Deepak.
- Ritesh Singh (2019-2022) – Rakhi revealed in July 2019 that she had gotten married to a UK-based Indian businessman named Ritesh Singh. They had kept his full name and the details of their relationship and marriage secret for a long time for privacy reasons. The couple got divorced in early 2022.
- Adil Khan Durrani (2022-2023) – In May 2022, she married her boyfriend and entrepreneur Adil Khan Durrani whom she had been dating for just a few months. Their marriage was kept secret for a long time and they only revealed it in January 2023. In February 2023, while talking to the paparazzi outside her gym, she hinted that her marriage was in trouble and her then-husband Adil Khan Durrani was involved in an extra-marital affair with Tanu Chandel who was pregnant. He was then reportedly arrested after Rakhi’s complaint against him that he stole money and jewelry from her and tried to assault her. Their relationship is estranged. Later in February 2023, an Iranian woman filed a rape case against Adil.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair dark brown, blonde, red, or silver.
- Curvaceous figure
- Cryptic smile
- Plump lips
- Long, straight hair
- Has a large tattoo on her back
- Has multiple tattoos on her waist and one on her right shoulder
Rakhi Sawant Facts
- Born as Neeru Bheda, Rakhi’s mother had decided to change her and her siblings’ surname to Sawant after her remarriage to Anand Sawant.
- She had made her film debut with a minor role in the 1997 movie Agnichakra where she had been credited as Ruhi Sawant.
- She is infamous for her quirky comments, publicity stunts, and involvement in controversies. One of the first such incidents was in June 2006 when singer Mika Singh attempted to forcefully kiss her at his birthday party. The episode had caused a major media stir at that time.
- She had contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from the Mumbai North-West constituency but had received just 15 votes after the first 3 rounds of voting, a situation so hilarious that it had sent social media into a meltdown.
- In November 2018, during a WWE promotional event, American wrestler Rebel had grabbed her and thrown her on her back. Rakhi, consequently, had fallen unconscious and had to be admitted to a nearby hospital.
- In March 2021, a Delhi-based retired bank employee filed an FIR against Rakhi Sawant and her brother for an alleged fraud of Rs 6 lakh.
- For her comments on Rishi Valmiki, she was arrested by Punjab police in April 2017.
- In January 2023, Rakhi Sawant was arrested by police in Mumbai after model and actress Sherlyn Chopra‘s complaint. Rakhi was booked under Indian Penal Code sections 354A, 509, and 504.
- Her mother Jaya died on January 28, 2023, due to cancer. She was diagnosed with cancer and a brain tumor nearly 3 years back in 2020.
Featured Image by Rakhi Sawant / Instagram