|Canny Ong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Canny Ong was a Malaysian woman who worked as an information technology analyst in San Diego, California, United States prior to falling victim to the twisted mind of convicted murderer and rapist Ahmad Najib Aris in 2003.
Wáng Lìjuān (In English Canny Ong Lay Kian)
Canny (Her name in English)
Canny was born on July 18, 1974.
She died on June 14, 2003, at the age of 28, in Jalan Klang Lama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia due to strangulation and stabbing.
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Canny graduated with a degree in Economics from Hawaii Pacific University.
- Father – Ong Bee Jeng
- Mother – Pearly Visvanathan
- Siblings – Elsie Ong Lee Cheng (Sister), Ong Lee Shian (Sister)
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Canny has dated –
- Brandon Ong (2001-2003) – Canny met her husband Brandon Ong sometime prior to 2001 after she moved to Los Angeles in search of a job. Later, the couple tied the knot in 2001. They remained in a relationship until her death in 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
Her mother is of Chinese and Indian descent.
- Raised eyebrows
Canny Ong Facts
- She was raised in Malaysia but moved to the United States to study in Hawaii.
- Canny had been settled in San Diego with her husband before flying off to Malaysia with her husband to visit her father who had been diagnosed with cancer on June 1, 2003. However, upon her father’s recovery, she decided to fly back to the United States on June 14, 2003.
- On June 13, 2003, a day before her return to the United States, she had gone out for dinner with her family and friends at Monde Restaurant located in Bangsar Shopping Complex (BSC), Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. On that unfaithful day, her mother who was feeling tired wanted to go home, hence Ong offered to drive her back. So, as she and her sister waited by an autopay machine, Canny went to the basement where her car had been parked to pick up a parking ticket but never returned. It was there that she was kidnapped by Ahmad Najib bin Aris who had been working as an airplane cabin cleaner in Malaysia Airlines at the time.
- 20 minutes after Canny did not return, her mother and sister along with their family and friends decided to go looking for her but upon not being able to locate her, they got in touch with security personnel who viewed CCTV footage where they could see Ong being kidnapped by Ahmad.
- During the kidnapping, Ahmad was stopped by two police officers who asked him to show his identity while he had Ong in the car. His suspicious behavior forced officers to ask him to step out of the car but instead, Ahmad decided to drive away swiftly. Following that, the police officer fired a couple of rounds at the car puncturing a tire. This eventually led to him being spotted by a witness while trying to change the tire.
- That night, Ahmad drove Ong under a bride that was being constructed in Taman Datuk Harun in Jalan Klang Lama where he proceeded to rape and eventually ended her life by choking and stabbing her twice between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Ong’s body was then hidden in a narrow hole that was covered with two large tires. After which, he ditched her car and fled away by taxi. Ahmad then returned to the site the next day with a can of petrol and burned her body.
- The phone that Ahmad stole which belonged to Canny is what led police to the location where he was present and he was taken into custody.
- During his trial that year, Ahmad was sentenced to death and was eventually executed on September 23, 2016, by hanging.
- The car that she was driving was a purple Proton Tiara (WFN 6871 plate).
- Her parents have described her as a dutiful and considerate daughter.
Featured Image By Capital Punishment UK / Facebook