|Carole Baskin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1961|
Carole Baskin is an American big-cat rights activist, animal sanctuary executive, producer, dancer, and television personality who has also served as the CEO of Big Cat Rescue which is a non-profit animal sanctuary based near Tampa, Florida.
Carole Stairs Jones
Carole Murdock, Carole Lewis
Lackland Air Force Base, Bexar County, Texas, United States
Tampa, Florida, United States
Big-cat Rights Activist, Animal Sanctuary Executive, CEO of Big Cat Rescue, Producer, Dancer, Television Personality
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Carole Baskin has dated –
- Michael Murdock (1979-1990) – On April 7, 1979, she got married to Michael Murdock when she was just 17 years old and he was her boss at the department store she used to work at. Soon after, they welcomed their daughter, Jamie Veronica Murdock, on July 16, 1980. She has said that she never loved Michael and married him only to please her parents who were disappointed that the couple had been living together outside of marriage. However, their marriage soon started to crumble and Carole began an affair with her future husband Don Lewis years before divorcing Michael Murdock in 1990.
- Don Lewis (1991-2002) – She married Don Lewis in 1991 and he had several affairs outside the marriage. Carole has revealed that he was a s*x addict and would often fly to Costa Rica while she was menstruating in order to indulge in other romantic affairs. The duo had a troubled marriage during which Lewis filed a restraining order against her in July 1997, claiming that she had threatened to kill him, but it got rejected. In August 1997, he disappeared and was declared legally dead in 2002.
- Howard Baskin (2002-Present) – In November 2002, she met future husband Howard Baskin at a kick-off party for the newly formed No More Homeless Pets organization. In November 2003, he proposed to her and the duo got married in November 2004.
Race / Ethnicity
She came out in October 2020.
Carole Baskin Facts
- Alongside Joe Exotic, the former owner of the Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park in Wynnewood and a convicted felon, she was featured in the 2020 true-crime documentary miniseries, Tiger King.
- She has been the target of several internet memes.
- She was cast as a contestant in the 29th season of the famous dance competition reality television show, Dancing with the Stars, in 2020.
- There have been several conspiracy theories that connect her to the disappearance of her 2nd husband Don Lewis.
- In 2020, Carole was granted ownership of Joe Exotic‘s zoo, The Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park. She later sold the property for $140,000 in June 2021.
- In November 2021, it was revealed that Carole had filed a lawsuit against Netflix for featuring her footage in Tiger King 2.
Featured Image by Michael Noonan / Vimeo / CC BY 3.0