She studied art history via correspondence from University of Turin.
- Father – Erwin Kostner (Ice Hockey player; Coach for Ice Hockey team)
- Mother – Patrizia Kostner (Former figure skater; geometric arts teacher)
- Siblings – Simon Kostner (Younger Brother) (Ice Hockey Player), Martin Kostner (Older Brother)
She is signed to Mancini group of Italy.
Lori Nichol, Kurt Browning (former), Megan Smith (former)
Michael Huth, Friedrich Juricek (former), Frank Carroll (former), Christa Fassi (former), Edoardo De Bernardis (former)
G.S. Fiamme Azzurre
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Carolina Kostner dated –
- Stéphane Lambiel (2003-2005) – From 2003 to 2005, she dated Swiss figure skater.
- Alex Schwazer (2008-Present) – Since 2008, she is in relationship with Italian race walker, Alex Schwazer. He is around 6 ft 2 in tall (8 inches more than Carolina).
Race / Ethnicity
- Great speed on the ice.
- Can do variety of combinations, and stunts over the ice
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has advertised for Acqua Norda, Asics, Pompadour, P&G, Swarovski, Gran Padano, Grissinbon, Alto Adige, Lancia, Herbalife, Torino Olympic park, Roberto Cavalli and others.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Figure skating over the ice in great speed. She is also capable of landing triple-triple combinations.
She has not done any of the films.
First TV Show
From 2007 to 2009, she appeared in the Italian talk show Quelli che… il calcio as herself in just three episodes.
She trains herself for 42 hours a week in Oberstdorf, Germany independent of her high and low seasons.
Carolina Kostner Favorite Things
- Food – Everything cooked by her mom
- TV Shows – Watts
- Color – Blue
- Musician – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Athlete – Valentino Rossi (Italian professional motorcycle racer)
- Figure Skaters – Stephane Lambiel, Kurt Browning
- Actor – Johnny Depp
- Movie – Taken (2008)
- Book – Di Viole e Liquirizia (By Nico Orengo)
- School Subject – Geography
- Figure Skating Element – Flip
- Season – Fall
Source – Carolina-Kostner.it
Carolina Kostner Facts
- She wants to meet Swiss pro tennis player, Roger Federer.
- Kostner won a bronze medal at 2014 Winter Olympics.
- She started her skating career in 1990.
- Kostner speaks Ladin (Rhaeto-Romanic language), English, French, German, and Italian.
- Her grandfather was the director of Art Academy in Urtijëi, Ortisei / St. Ulrich.
- Carolina is the cousin and godchild of former Alpine skier Isolde Kostner.
- Her dad’s side is mainly involved in sports, while her mother’s side is in arts.
- After starting her career in 1990, she won her first European medal in 2006.
- Due to injury (tore several ligaments), she didn’t attend the 2006-2007 Grand Prix season.
- In 2005, she missed one complete month of training due to a back problem.
- Her hobbies include arts, dancing, design, and sports.
- In 2005, she worked with famous fashion designer, Roberto Cavalli.
- Carolina designed her own costume for the 2011-2012 season.
- Visit her official website @ www.carolina-kostner.it.
- Hear more from Carolina on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.