|Caroline Hjelt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1987|
Caroline Hjelt is a Swedish DJ, musician, and voice actor who is best known for being one-half of the electropop duo Icona Pop. Formed in 2009, Icona Pop has released many albums, extended plays, and tracks like Icona Pop, This Is… Icona Pop, Nights Like This, Emergency, Manners, I Love It (ft. Charli XCX), We Got the World, Get Lost, All Night, Just Another Night, Girfriend, Someone Who Can Dance, Brightside, Girls Girls, Det måste gå, They’re Building Walls Around Us, Heart in the Air, Not Too Young, Rhythm in My Blood, Right Time (with Hayden James), Next Mistake, Feels in My Body, Spa (with Sofi Tukker), and Off of My Mind (with Vize).
Caroline Elizabeth Hjelt
Caroline Hjelt attended a choir grade school. She later got enrolled in a performing arts high school.
DJ, Musician, Voice Actor
- Father – Paul Mikael Hjelt
- Mother – Lena Elisabeth Melander
- Siblings – She has a brother and a sister.
- Others – Paavo Artur Samuel Hjelt (Paternal Grandfather), Anne-Marie Lasche (Paternal Grandmother)
Caroline Hjelt’s music group Icona Pop has been managed by –
- Bruce Eskowitz and Sarah Diebel of Red Light Management
- Creative Artists Agency
Dance, synthpop, electro house
TEN, Big Beat, Atlantic, Interscope Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Caroline has dated –
- Aino Jawo – There have been RUMORs that she has been romantically involved with her Icona Pop bandmate Aino Jawo. However, in an interview with Huffington Post, she expressed otherwise.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swedish descent on her mother’s side and has Finnish, German (including Baltic German), distant Belgian (Flemish), Russian, and Scottish roots on her father’s side.
- Broad jaw and chin
- Red locks
- Gray eyes
Her music group Icona Pop’s single I Love It was used in a TV commercial for the popular vodka, Smirnoff Ice. The single was also used in the TV commercial for Samsung Galaxy S4.
Best Known For
- Being one half of the musical duo Icona Pop, who is well known for the popularity of their single I Love It
- Their EP Iconic EP also did fairly well and managed to reach the 21st position on the U.S. iTunes dance chart
In 2012, her music group released their debut studio album, Icona Pop, which managed to reach the #55 spot on the Swedish album charts.
In 2016, Caroline made her theatrical film debut in the animated comedy movie, Trolls. She lent her voice to the character Chenille in the movie.
First TV Show
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance in the music game show, Sommarkrysset.
Caroline Hjelt Favorite Things
- Music Artists and Bands – Queen, David Bowie, and the Chemical Brothers
Source – Philly Mag
Caroline Hjelt Facts
- She is a big fan of body art and has even got twin Eiffel Towers tattooed on her right forearm. She has revealed that she got the ink in honor of her siblings.
- The first song she and Aino Jawo had written was Sheriff Came To Town On A Big Black Horse, which is a country song that hasn’t been released.
- She and Aino Jawo went to the same musical school in Stockholm. However, they decided to form the music duo only when they met at a party in February 2009.
- Within 4 weeks of having formed their music act, she and Jawo had written a couple of songs.
- As per the Swedish press, Icona Pop has created music that “you can both laugh and cry to at the same time”.
- She always goes for a whiskey shot before performing onstage on their music tours.
- She is a vocal supporter of the LGBT cause and has attended some of their pride parades.
- On September 20, 2013, Icona Pop released its 2nd studio album and debut international album titled This Is… Icona Pop. The album peaked at number #3 on the US Top Dance/Electronic Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #36 on the US Billboard 200 chart, and at number #86 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart.
Featured Image by Caroline Hjelt / Instagram