Caroline Elizabeth Hjelt
Caroline Hjelt attended a choir grade school. She later got enrolled in a performing arts high school.
- Siblings – She has got one brother and a sister.
Caroline Hjelt’s music group Icona Pop is managed by
- Bruce Eskowitz and Sarah Diebel of Red Light Management
- Creative Artists Agency
Dance, synthpop, electro house
TEN, Big Beat, Atlantic, Interscope Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Caroline is a staunch supporter of the LGBT community which has given rise to rumors that she is gay and in a relationship with her bandmate Aino Jawo. However, in an interview with Huffington Post, she has expressed otherwise.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Finnish ancestry. She is also of Swedish descent.
- Broad jaw and chin
- Red locks
- Gray eyes
Her music group Icona Pop’s single I Love It was used in a TV commercial for the popular vodka, Smirnoff Ice. The single was also used in the TV commercial for Samsung Galaxy S4.
Best Known For
- Being one half of the musical duo Icona Pop, who is well known for the popularity of their single I Love It.
- Their EP Iconic EP also did fairly well and managed to reach the 21st position on the U.S. iTunes dance chart.
In 2012, her music group released their debut studio album, Icona Pop, which managed to reach the #55 spot on the Swedish album charts.
In 2016, Caroline made her theatrical film debut in the animated comedy movie, Trolls. She lent her voice for the character Chenille in the movie.
First TV Show
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance in the music game show, Sommarkrysset.
Caroline Hjelt Favorite Things
- Music Artists and Bands – Queen, David Bowie, and the Chemical Brothers
Source – Philly Mag
Caroline Hjelt Facts
- She is a big fan of body art and has even got twin Eiffel Towers tattooed on her right forearm. She has revealed that she got the ink in honor of her siblings.
- The first song she and Aino Jawo had written was Sheriff Came To Town On A Big Black Horse, which is a country song that hasn’t been released.
- She and Aino Jawo went to the same musical school in Stockholm. However, they decided to form the music duo only when they met at a party in February 2009.
- Within 4 weeks of having formed their music act, she and Jawo had written a couple of songs.
- She always goes for a whiskey shot before performing onstage on their music tours.
- She is a vocal supporter of the LGBT cause and has attended some of their pride parades.
Featured Image by Caroline Hjelt / Instagram