Adelaide, South Australia
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Carrie studied at an Anglican girls’ school called Perth College.
In 2000, she finished studying for a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from Curtin University of Technology.
Television and Radio presenter
- Father – Brian Bickmore (Director, RG Capital)
- Mother – Jennie Bickmore-Brand (Lecturer / Professor)
- Siblings – Carrie was raised by a single mother so it is not confirmed if she has siblings.
She is signed with these agencies –
- Aran Michael Management (AMM)
- Apples and Pears Entertainment
- AM Wicked (AMW)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carrie has dated –
- Greg Lange (2005–2010) – Carrie first met her now deceased husband Greg Lange when she started working at a radio station in Perth. Greg was a media professional who was battling brain cancer for 10 years. His body gave in after a decade long fight and two days after Christmas 2010, David passed away at a young age of 34. Carrie frequently talks about the constant state of struggle she suffered during her marriage which forced her to grow up quickly. She has a son named Oliver Lange aka Ollie with Greg, who was born in September 2007.
- Chris Walker (2012–Present) – Carrie started dating media executive, Chris Walker in 2012 who first met her when he was a producer for The Project in 2009. The couple connected over personal tragedies. While Carrie was grieving the death of her husband, Chris suffered the loss of a brother in a car crash. They are a live-in couple because Carrie does not want to get remarried, although, she hopes to grow old with her current partner. She had her second child with Chris, a daughter named Evie Walker in March 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Australian ancestry.
She often dyes her hair Brunette / Brown.
- Sharp facial features
- Toned body
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Carrie served as an ambassador for the following brands:
- L’oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival (2010)
- Cadbury Easter (2012)
- Sun-protection cream, Sun Sense (2012)
- Endorsed the French beauty brand, GARNIER Nutrisse hair color and GARNIER BB cream in 2014. In fact, turning Carrie into a brunette was a massive make-over campaign conceptualized by the company because she was famous for her long, blonde hair and they wanted to gain public acceptance of darker hair color.
Best Known For
- Being a presenter on The Project (2011–2017) formerly known as The 7PM Project.
- Since 2010, Carrie was repeatedly nominated for The Most Popular Presenter Golden Logie award by TV fans which made the media label her as the Golden Girl of Network Ten.
She has not been a part of any theatrical film so far.
First TV Show
Carrie’s first recurring appearance was on the comedy talk show Rove Live in 2006. She appeared in a total of 32 episodes until 2009.
- Carrie was featured on the cover of Women’s Health (Australia) in August 2017 in which she revealed that she did not give up on exercise even during the toughest times of her life.
- She remains fit by staying active and prefers to walk every day. She runs on the days she feels more energetic.
- The secret behind her toned arms and washboard abs/obliques is weighted Pilates. She tries to make it to KX Pilates studio in Melbourne at least 5 times a week. Later, she got involved in CrossFit and reserves a high-intensity workout for weekends.
- Her eating habits are mostly healthy, so self-indulgence once in a while does not hurt her fitness.
- Breakfast – Yogurt & Muesli OR Porridge
- Mid-morning – A cup of coffee
- Lunch – Stuffed Wrap OR Sushi
- Late Afternoon – A small sweet treat OR Tea, with nuts or fruit
- Snacks on the set – Carrots, celery, and crackers with hummus
- Dinner – Home cooked vegetable dense meal preferably with fish
Carrie Bickmore Favorite Things
- Designer – Paul Vasileff, Owner of couture label Paolo Sebastian
- Daily Activity to Unwind – Spending time with her kids
- Wardrobe Essential – White button down shirt
- Accessory to Upgrade a Day Time Outfit to Night Time Formal – Heels
- Brands – Manning Cartell, Ginger & Smart, Camilla & Marc, Alice McCall
- Skincare Must-Have – Sun Sense sunscreen, Sun Sense lip balm with SPF30+, Aspect serum
- Haircare Must Have – Moroccan Oil Treatment and Luminous Hair Spray
- Makeup Brand – MAC
- Dermatologist – Paramedical Skin Clinic in Melbourne
Source – MSN.com, Daily Mail, SMH, PopSugar
Carrie Bickmore Facts
- While in school, dance was Carrie’s biggest passion. She trained in ballet and jazz for 10 years.
- She started her career in 2001 by filling in as a substitute news reader on 92.9 FM radio channel.
- As a TV presenter, she is known for being very real in front of the camera. She cries when distressed, giggles at jokes and is not afraid to cover up her most awkward moments including falling during a live telecast.
- During her first ever segment on Rove Live; Carrie started her career with parody news.
- In 2014, Carrie hosted the Australian version of So You Think You Can Dance Season 4 after which the show was canceled.
- In May 2015, Carrie won the Golden Logie award for most popular personality on Australian TV and most popular presenter. She dedicated the award to her late husband by wearing a beanie. (Her husband used to wear beanies to hide the scars on his head.)
- Within a year of launching her charity, Carries Beanies for Brain Cancer, she raised 1 million dollars for brain cancer research and continues to raise more money.
- In May 2017, she won the Twinings tea design challenge and the tea company decided to contribute 10 cents of every unit sold to her brain cancer charity for 4 years.
- Insider publication reported that Carrie Bickmore along with Sonia Kruger is Australian TV’s biggest fashion influencer. There is a separate Instagram account dedicated to showcasing all the outfits worn by Carrie on The Project.
- Carrie’s hair and makeup before every episode of The Project take 1.5 hours.
- Follow Carrie on Instagram and Twitter.