|Cathy Nesbitt-Stein Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1959|
Cathy Nesbitt-Stein is an American reality-TV star, dancer, and dance studio owner & dance coach of the Candy Apple’s Dance Center. She is best known for starring on the dancing reality-TV series Dance Moms (2011-2017) alongside her adoptive daughter, Vivi-Anne Stein.
Cathy Jean Nesbitt
Poodletoes, Wicked Witch of The West
Canton, Ohio, United States
Ohio, United States
She danced for the Abby Miller Dance Studio in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States temporarily but left after the 1st season of Dance Moms in 2011. She then went back to performing and coaching for her dance company, Candy Apple’s Dance Center in Canton, Ohio, United States.
Dancer, Reality-TV Star, Dance Studio Owner, Dance Coach
- Others – Erin Stein-Rich (Sister-in-Law) (Choreographer), Hudson Rich (Nephew) (Dancer)
Cathy Nesbitt-Stein is represented by –
- The MDME Agency (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Envisioned Entertainment Partners (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cathy Nesbitt-Stein has dated –
- Mike Stein – She is married to Mike Stein, an insurance adjuster, entrepreneur, and owner of the Beef Jerky Store. Since they had no biological children, they decided to adopt a girl from Guatemala shortly after her birth on September 11, 2004, and named her Vivi-Anne Quinn Nesbitt-Stein.
Race / Ethnicity
Cathy Nesbitt-Stein Favorite Things
- Dance Style To Watch – Ballet
- Movie – Gone With the Wind (1939)
- Hobbies – Golfing, Designing Vintage Decorations, Shopping, Reading, Gardening
Source – Fandom
Cathy Nesbitt-Stein Facts
- She started coaching her adoptive daughter in dancing when she was 18 months old.
- Despite adopting her shortly after birth, Cathy and her husband Mike decided to wait until Vivi-Anne was in elementary school to start the process of applying for American citizenship. They wanted her to be old enough to fully comprehend the entire process.
- Cathy and her family have 2 dogs. One is named Snowball and the other, a Pomsky, is named Cubby Blue.
- Cathy was the 1st person to be cast for Dance Moms in 2011.
- Many viewers concluded that Cathy was rude, impulsive, and arrogant on Dance Moms. Others have stated that she was very sweet outside of the TV show and that the editors are to blame for portraying her as a villain. The same is true for Abby Lee Miller, who admitted she is only harsh on her dancing students because she wants them to win but is very nice when they’re not practicing for a competition.
- She has known Abby Lee Miller since 1988.
- She initially had a bad relationship with Christi Lukasiak, mom of Chloe Lukasiak and Clara Lukasiak, but later remedied the situation. During the show, she also had a feud with Brigette Triana, mom of Lucas Triana, and Jeanette Cota, mom of Ava Michelle Cota.
- Even though they were on good terms, Cathy and Jill Vertes developed mutual hostility in later seasons. Jill initially joined Cathy’s dance studio but after she grew unhappy, she went back to Abby’s.
- Cathy didn’t like Jessalyn Siwa, mom of JoJo Siwa, and didn’t develop a close relationship with Kelly Hyland, mom of Paige and Brooke Hyland.
- After her time on the reality-TV show ended, she stayed in touch with Holly Frazier, Nia Sioux‘s mom.
- One of her friends, Mitchell Finke, helped choreograph dances performed by her dance studio on Dance Moms.
- For Christmas in 2015, Cathy and her husband got Vivi-Anne a white cat named Jingle Belle or Jingles for short.
- Cathy missed the end of the 5th season of the dancing reality-TV show due to conflicts in scheduling.
- She has amassed a fanbase of more than 100k followers on Twitter.
- For Valentine’s Day in 2020, she wore pink socks with her daughter’s face printed on them.
Featured Image by Cathy Nesbitt-Stein / Instagram