|Melissa Gisoni Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1968|
Melissa Gisoni is an American TV personality and actress who is most well known for appearing in 6 seasons of the reality TV dance competition Dance Moms (2011-2016), with her daughters Maddie Ziegler and Mackenzie Ziegler.
New York, United States
She splits her time between Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Melissa is a high school graduate.
TV Personality, Actress
- Mother – Bopcha Sulo (Deceased)
- Siblings – Renee Burkey (Older Sister)
- Others – James A. Ziegler (Ex-Father-in-Law) (d. 2013)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa has dated –
- Kurt Ziegler (2000–2010) – Melissa got married to senior loan officer and mortgage company owner Kurt Ziegler in the early 2000s. The couple has 2 daughters together – Madison “Maddie” Nicole Ziegler (Dancer, Actress, Model) (b. September 30, 2002) and Mackenzie Frances Ziegler (Dancer, Singer, Actress, Model) (b. June 4, 2004, her name was originally kept as Taylor Frances Ziegler but changed just 2 days after her birth). Kurt has 2 sons from a previous marriage – Ryan and Tyler. The couple got divorced on December 7, 2010, before Melissa and their daughter’s TV appearances on the show Dance Moms. Kurt has claimed that dance was the reason for his divorce with Melissa as he did not approve of them being a part of Hollywood.
- Greg Gisoni (2013-Present) – In 2013, Melissa got married to the vice president and project director of an electric and energy company, Greg Gisoni. Greg has 2 children from a previous marriage – a son named Mathew Gisoni and a daughter named Michele Gisoni.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian, German, and Polish ancestry.
- Shoulder-length hair with curls at the end
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Melissa Gisoni Favorite Things
Melissa Gisoni Facts
- In 2012, Melissa and her daughters worked with Starlight Children’s Foundation which works to support chronically ill youth and raise awareness about fatal diseases and syndromes that afflict young children.
- She was featured in the music video of Todrick Hall‘s 2014 song titled Freaks Like Me.
- Melissa made a cameo appearance in a 2012 episode of the popular TV series The 47th Floor, portraying the character of Skylar Nae. She also participated, with her daughters, in a 2019 episode of the long-running and iconic game show Celebrity Family Feud.
- Melissa has often been compared to American actress and comedian Amy Poehler due to the striking facial resemblance between the two.
- The show Dance Moms was pitched to Melissa directly by one of its producers, John Corella, who was traveling across the United States to cast mothers of young dancers. The show was initially supposed to be called Just Dance.
- After leaving Dance Moms in 2016, Melissa stated in an interview that she had never wanted to be on TV and would never do it again in the future. She had just hoped for her daughters to get a platform to showcase their talent but was very upset when people attacked/bullied her family online or made fake accounts of her daughters.
- Melissa works as the final authority on her daughter Maddie’s work projects. Whatever offers Maddie’s agent and manager come up with has to get approved only through Melissa who also attends casting meetings.
- Melissa had filed for bankruptcy in 2009 owing to mortgage debts from 3 properties and unsecured nonpriority claims. The case was discharged in 2010.
Featured Image by Melissa Gisoni / Instagram