|Cavetown Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1998|
Cavetown aka Robin/Robbie Skinner is an English singer-songwriter, record producer, and YouTuber who shot to fame after dropping original content as well as ukulele covers of popular songs such as The Judge by Twenty Øne Pilots on his self-titled YouTube channel that he launched in November 2012. He has also worked as a solo artist and released several non-album singles including Sharpener (2020), numerous albums like Sleepyhead (2020), and a variety of EPs including Dear. (2018). As of December 2020, he has garnered more than 1.5 million subscribers on his YouTube channel and accumulated more than 5 million monthly streamers on Spotify.
Robin Daniel Skinner
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
He went to Parkside Community College from 2010 to 2015 and Hills Road Sixth Form College until 2017.
Singer-Songwriter, YouTuber, Record Producer
- Father – David Skinner (Musicologist, Choir Director)
- Mother – His mother is a professional Baroque flutist and music teacher.
Indie Pop, Bedroom Pop, Indie Rock
Vocals, Ukulele, Kazoo, Guitar, Melodica
- Sire Records
- Warner Records
- Triple Crown Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Ginger hair
- Wears spectacles
- Sharp features
Cavetown Favorite Things
- Has Adored – Cats having filled his Instagram with their photos
Source – Instagram
- He shifted to Cambridge at the age of 8.
- His interest in music was ignited by his father, who taught him how to play the acoustic guitar when he was 8 years old.
- Cavetown has disclosed that despite his musical background, he never had plans to become a musician and that was somewhat a happy accident. He never wanted to write and play music only to make people feel good. In fact, he had wanted to do so to make himself feel better, initially. However, he has felt very happy that, along the way, his music has helped people. He has gone on to add that he has spoken about very genuine and personal topics that he has found hard to talk about, and easy to write a song on, and has believed that has been the reason people have been able to relate to his work so well. His writing process has been a totally natural one as he has never forced it and has let it just happen.
- He has always interacted actively with his followers, which has resulted in his fans being some of the most devoted ones, getting to know him through his music and social media.
- Cavetown has opened a unisex clothing line named Cave Collective.
- He has a pet cat named Fig who can be frequently seen in his videos.
Featured Image by Robbie / Instagram