|Cha Jun-hwan Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|October 21, 2001
Cha Jun-hwan is a South Korean figure skater who won the 2022 Four Continents Championship and earned a silver medal at the 2023 World Figure Skating Championships. He also represented his country at the 2018 Winter Olympics and the 2022 Winter Olympics.
Seoul, South Korea, India
Jun-hwan studied at Whimoon Middle and High School. Later, he went on to become a Global Sports student at Korea University.
Cha has trained with Brian Orser, Chi Hyun-jung, and Tracy Wilson.
Formerly, he had trained with South Korean Olympic competitor Shin Hea-sook.
Cha has trained at the Toronto Cricket, Skating, and Curling Club.
Figure Skater, Child Actor, Model
- Siblings – Cha has an older brother.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean ancestry.
Through his social media, Jun-hwan has either endorsed or promoted various brands including TUMI, LG RP4G XBOOM 360, LG, It’s Skin, and Men’s Health.
Cha Jun-hwan Facts
- Growing up, his skating idols were Evgeni Plushenko and Daisuke Takahashi.
- Jun-hwan was just 7 years old when he began taking an interest in skating. It was during a school excursion that he found his love for the sport.
- Cha has an older brother who is four years his senior.
- The earliest post that Cha uploaded to his Instagram account was on May 30, 2016.
- Aside from being a full-time figure skater, he works as a child actor, model, and ballet dancer.
- He became the youngest man to successfully land a quad Salchow at the 2016 Junior Grand Prix in Japan. However, the record was broken by Stephen Gogolev (Canada) at the 2018 Junior Grand Prix in Slovakia.
- Jun-hwan can speak English fluently.
- His former choreographers were David Wilson, Jeffrey Buttle, Kenji Miyamoto, Cindy Stuart, Joey Russell, and Shin Yea-ji.
- In June 2020, Jun-hwan appeared in the television show, King of Mask Singer.
- Cha had collaborated with the South Korean band ENHYPEN, performing a cover dance on the stage of the televised music festival SBS Gayo Daejeon, held at Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul.
- He has trained in Toronto, Canada, and Seoul, South Korea.
- His choreographer as of March 2023, was Shae-Lynn Bourne.
- Cha has been sponsored by various brands including LG Electronics.
- His television and film credits include Gijeok, Romance Papa, Night After Night, and The Accidental Couple (The Fool).
- He is the first South Korean male skater to win a medal at the World Championships in 2023.
Featured Image By Cha Jun-hwan / Instagram