Enhypen is a South Korean boy band formed by Belift Lab which debuted on November 30, 2020, with the extended play Border: Day One which won the Gaon Chart Music Award for “New Artist of the Year – Physical” in 2021. It is composed of Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-Ki and was formed through the 2020 survival competition show I-Land.
Seoul, South Korea
- Enhypen‘s debut EP titled Border: Day One included the tracks Given-Taken, Let Me In (20 CUBE), and Flicker and it was placed on number #2 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, Japan Hot Albums (Billboard Japan) chart, and Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart. It was certified ‘Platinum’ by South Korea (KMCA).
- Border: Day One was also included in several lists like MTV’s “The Best K-Pop B-Sides of 2020”, Dazed’s “The 40 Best K-pop Songs of 2020”, and BuzzFeed’s “35 Songs That Helped Define K-Pop In 2020”.
- Enhypen was formed through the male group survival reality show I-Land and it derives its name from the symbol Hyphen (-), which creates new meanings including “Connection, Discovery, & Growth”.
- The group aims “to come together to connect, discover and grow together to create a new act.”
- In the final episode of I-Land, Enhypen‘s name was introduced through the live-broadcast.
- The boy band has also been a part of JTBC2’s Playground.
- In 2020, the group bagged the “Next Leader Award” at The Fact Music Awards.
- Enhypen won the Golden Disc Award for “Rookie Artist of the Year” and the Seoul Music Award for “Rookie of the Year” in 2021.