|Jungwon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 2004|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jungwon is a South Korean singer, songwriter, dancer, musician, and television personality who is the leader, lead vocalist, and lead dancer of Enhypen, a South Korean boy band that made its debut on November 30, 2020, with the extended play Border: Day One which won the Gaon Chart Music Award for “New Artist of the Year – Physical” in 2021.
Johnny Yang, Jungwon, Garden (because his name means “garden” in Korean), Sheep Garden, Jung One, Yang Garden, Yang Chamber, Nyang Jungwon
Jungwon attended Namgang High School.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Musician, Television Personality
- Sibling – He has a sister who is 2 years older than him.
Jungwon has been signed with Belift.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jungwon is of South Korean descent.
- Cute personality
- Dimpled smile
Jungwon Favorite Things
- Season – Winter
- Ice-cream Flavor – Mom is an Alien
- Memory From I-Land – Watching Jay sleep with his eyes open one night
- Colors – Blue, Orange
- His Enhypen bandmates include Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Heeseung, and Ni-Ki.
- Along with Heeseung, Jay, and Sunghoon, he was a trainee under Big Hit Entertainment.
- Enhypen was formed through the male group survival reality show I-Land and it derives its name from the symbol Hyphen (-). The group aims “to come together to connect, discover and grow together to create a new act.”
- Before appearing as a contestant on I-Land, Jungwon trained for a year and 4 months. Later, he concluded his journey on the show by getting placed on the first spot.
- Along with 2 eliminated contestants named Yoonwon and Taeyong, he performed Jay Park‘s All I Wanna Do in the first episode of I-Land.
- Jungwon has credited BTS‘s Jungkook as his role model.
- He has used a backpack since 5th grade and considers it his most valuable possession.
- Enhypen‘s debut EP titled Border: Day One included songs like Given-Taken, Let Me In (20 CUBE), and Flicker and it reached number #2 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, Japan Hot Albums (Billboard Japan) chart, and Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart. It was certified ‘Platinum’ by South Korea (KMCA).
- Border: Day One was also included in lists like MTV’s “The Best K-Pop B-Sides of 2020”, Dazed’s “The 40 Best K-pop Songs of 2020”, and BuzzFeed’s “35 Songs That Helped Define K-Pop In 2020”.
- If Jungwon could have a superpower, he would wish to have the superpower to make everything that he says to come true.
- He enjoys watching movies and taking a walk when it’s raining.
- He neither likes lying on a bed with socks on nor chewing food loudly.
- Jungwon was an athlete for 4 years and has also done Taekwondo for 7 years.
- According to him, three words that describe him are “adaptability”, “balance”, and “absorptive”.
- As a member of Enhypen, Jungwon won both the Golden Disc Award as well as Seoul Music Award in 2021.
Featured Image by Enhypen / Instagram