|Jake Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 2002|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jake is a South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer, musician, and television personality who has risen to fame as the rapper and vocalist of Enhypen, a South Korean boy band formed by Belift Lab which is a joint venture between CJ ENM and Big Hit Entertainment. His fellow Enhypen bandmates include Heeseung, Jay, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-Ki and the boy band made its debut on November 30, 2020, with the extended play Border: Day One which won the Gaon Chart Music Award for “New Artist of the Year – Physical” in 2021.
Sim Jae-yun, Sim Jake, Daeng, Jayla
Jake studied at Dwight School Seoul, an international school in Seoul, South Korea.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Dancer, Musician, Television Personality
- Siblings – He’s an only child.
Jake has been signed with with Belift.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jake is of South Korean descent.
- Charming appearance
Jake Favorite Things
- Season – Spring
- Subjects – Math, Physics
- Colors – Black, Ivory
- Ice-cream Flavor – My Mom is an Alien (chocolate)
- He was quite young when he shifted to Australia.
- He was born into an affluent family.
- Jake was good in academics.
- He was a part of his school’s orchestra and has also played the violin for 4 years.
- Enhypen was formed through the male group survival reality show I-Land and it derives its name from the symbol Hyphen (-), which creates new meanings including “Connection, Discovery, & Growth”. The group aims “to come together to connect, discover and grow together to create a new act.”
- Jake trained for a duration of 9 months before participating in I-Land and concluded his journey on the 3rd spot.
- In the first episode of I-Land, Jake and Sunoo performed TXT‘s Crown along with an eliminated contestant named Youngbin.
- Enhypen‘s debut EP titled Border: Day One included songs like Given-Taken, Let Me In (20 CUBE), and Flicker and it reached number #2 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, Japan Hot Albums (Billboard Japan) chart, and Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart. It was certified ‘Platinum’ by South Korea (KMCA).
- Border: Day One was also included in lists like MTV’s “The Best K-Pop B-Sides of 2020”, Dazed’s “The 40 Best K-pop Songs of 2020”, and BuzzFeed’s “35 Songs That Helped Define K-Pop In 2020”.
- Jake has played soccer.
- He loves dogs and has one named Layla. Layla is a cream border collie and was named after Eric Clapton‘s song Layla.
- He likes grape-flavored soda.
- Three words that describe Jake are “passion”, “perseverance”, and “love”.
- He has also wanted to collaborate with Canadian rapper, singer, and songwriter Drake.
Featured Image by Enhypen / Instagram