|Jay Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 2002|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jay is an American-South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer, musician, and television personality who has gained acclaim for being the main rapper, lead dancer, and vocalist of the boy band Enhypen formed by Belift Lab. He made his debut with the group on November 30, 2020, with the extended play Border: Day One.
Park Jong-seong, Angry Bird, RAS, Park, Jay Jay, J.J.
Seattle, Washington, United States
American, South Korean
Jay attended Hanlim Multi Arts School‘s Practical Dance department. He also trained at LP Dance Academy.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Dancer, Musician, Television Personality
- Father – He has served as a President at Sinar Tours.
- Sibling – He is an only child.
Jay has been signed with Belift.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Funny and energetic personality
- Often wears glasses and lenses
Jay Favorite Things
- Season – Autumn
- Animated Show – Pororo
- Color – Purple
- Ice-cream Flavor – Pistachio
- Jay was 9 years old when he moved to South Korea from the United States.
- His Enhypen bandmates include Heeseung, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-Ki.
- Alongside Heeseung, Sunghoon, and Jungwon, Jay was a trainee under Big Hit Entertainment.
- Enhypen was formed through the male group survival reality show I-Land and it derives its name from the symbol Hyphen (-). The group aims “to come together to connect, discover, and grow together to create a new act.”
- Before participating in I-LAND, he trained for 2 years and 11 months and concluded his journey by reaching the 2nd spot.
- For the first episode of I-LAND, Jay and Sunghoon performed NCT U‘s track The 7th Sense.
- Enhypen‘s debut EP titled Border: Day One included songs like Given-Taken, Let Me In (20 CUBE), and Flicker and it reached number #2 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, Japan Hot Albums (Billboard Japan) chart, and Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart. It was certified ‘Platinum’ by South Korea (KMCA) and won the Gaon Chart Music Award for “New Artist of the Year – Physical” in 2021.
- Border: Day One was also included in lists like MTV’s “The Best K-Pop B-Sides of 2020”, Dazed’s “The 40 Best K-pop Songs of 2020”, and BuzzFeed’s “35 Songs That Helped Define K-Pop In 2020”.
- Jay’s most precious possession is a watch that was gifted to him by his father.
- During his younger years, he wanted to become a chef.
- He loves watching anime and can also speak a little Japanese.
- Jay enjoys hip-hop bouncing, dancing, cooking, eating delicious food, playing games, and clothes shopping.
- Although he isn’t a fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream, he sometimes eats it.
- Some things Jay doesn’t like are sesame leaves, carrots, and bugs.
- He knows a lot of folk remedies.
- He is allergic to cats.
Featured Image by Enhypen / Instagram