|Chad Franke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 2005|
Chad Franke is an American social media star and musician best known for being the 2nd oldest of 6 children born to Kevin and Ruby Franke, who run the family vlogging YouTube channel, 8 Passengers. His parents started the channel on January 7, 2015, and vowed to have a family-friendly channel with no vulgar language, which grew to have an audience of more than 2.5 million subscribers. Their primary goal was to showcase a crazy life of an active Christian family with 6 children, provide parenting tips and tricks, but also their experiences with cooking, homeschooling, and act as a sort of missionary experience. When Chad was around the age of 10 and a half years old, he created a YouTube channel of his own following in the footsteps of his older sister, Shari, who did the same in January 2014.
He wanted to get even closer to his audience, giving them a chance to see his passion for collecting socks, playing video games, skiing, and being physically active in general. Besides his personal YouTube channel, which has amassed a fanbase of more than 200k subscribers, Chad used to run an Instagram account that also had a large following. However, when his parents sent him to the Anasazi Foundation around June or July 2019, the account was disabled. The Anasazi Foundation was an intervention resource in the form of a wilderness camp in the mountains of Arizona with other youth that had problems in the family. The goal was to help him develop basic life skills needed as an adult as his parents thought that living with limited supplies among peers of his age would help him mature.
Chad William Franke
Seattle, Washington, United States
Springville, Utah, United States
He was homeschooled in the past. However, in April 2016, his parents decided to enroll him in a regular high school as they thought it would help his development.
Social Media Star, Musician
- Father – Kevin Franke (Social Media Star, Engineer, University Professor)
- Mother – Ruby Franke (Social Media Star)
- Siblings – Shari Franke (Older Sister) (Social Media Star), Abby Franke (Younger Sister) (Social Media Star), Julie Franke (Younger Sister) (Social Media Star), Russell Franke (Younger Brother) (Social Media Star), Eve Franke (Younger Sister) (Social Media Star)
- Others – Donald Franke (Paternal Grandfather), Chad Griffiths (Maternal Grandfather) (Social Media Star), Jennifer Griffiths (Maternal Grandmother) (Social Media Star), Beau Griffiths (Uncle) (Social Media Star), Emily Griffiths (Aunt) (Social Media Star), Landon Deru (Uncle) (Social Media Star), Julie Deru (Aunt) (Social Media Star, Nurse), Jared Mecham (Uncle) (Social Media Star), Ellie Mecham (Aunt) (Social Media Star), Joel Hoellein (Uncle) (Social Media Star), Bonnie Hoellein (Aunt) (Social Media Star), Kate Griffiths (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Henry Griffiths (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Clara Griffiths (Cousin), Emma Deru (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Cooper Deru (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Porter Deru (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Lucy Deru (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Jackson Mecham (Cousin), Tommy Mecham (Cousin), Calvin Mecham (Cousin), Olivia Hoellein (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Cody Hoellein (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Lincoln Hoellein (Cousin) (Social Media Star), Boston Hoellein (Cousin) (Social Media Star)
Chad is represented by his parents.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chad Franke has dated –
- Danielle (2018-Present) – He introduced his “girlfriend” in a vlog titled Back to School Shopping for Girlfriend on his family channel on August 7, 2018. They have been friends for years and Danielle and her family also had a vlogging YouTube channel of their own, titled Yawi Vlogs. His dad also read his texts that he sent to another girl he had a crush on in November 2018, presumably Danielle, trying to embarrass him a little.
- Kesley Leroy – During one of the videos on the 8 Passengers channel, he mentioned that he and Kesley, a family friend and a social media star, kissed before. What his audience didn’t realize was that he was sarcastic when he said it. At a later date, his older sister Shari stated on her channel that he really liked Kesley and that she brings out the best in him. It was presumed that he wouldn’t officially date anyone until he turns 16 as is custom in his religion.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
Chad Franke, as a part of 8 Passengers, has endorsed brands such as –
- Square Panda
- Organizing Habits
- Total Wireless
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Walmart Grocery Pickup App
- Wet Ones Hand Wipes
- Hum By Verizon
- Bollie Brand
He attends the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Best Known For
- Being the 2nd oldest out of 6 children of Kevin and Ruby Franke, who created and ran a vlogging/family YoUTube channel, 8 Passengers, starting in 2015
- Having a large social media fanbase of more than 200k subscribers on his personal YouTube channel
- Food – Pizza, His Mom’s Cooking, Enchiladas
- Fruit – Strawberries
- Sports – Basketball, Football, Swimming
- Colors – Yellow, Blue
- Animals – Dog, Tiger
Source – YouTube
Chad Franke Facts
- He was named after his maternal grandfather.
- He was born the same year his family moved from Utah to Seattle, Washington, in 2005. The hospital his mom gave birth in was across the street from the Washington Huskies stadium. Chad dreams of playing football for them one day.
- He was properly introduced in his family vlogs on January 25, 2015. The video was the 3rd ever published on the channel and titled Meet the 8Passengers-Chad!
- Growing up, he put makeup on and even played with Barbie dolls. He said that his parents never forced him to be someone he was not and even if he was gay, they would be accepting.
- Chad went to the orthodontist in February 2017 and had no idea he would be walking out with braces on. He said they hurt at 1st and even broke one of his teeth when removing them a few days later. He later got used to them and finally took them off in July 2018.
- He finally mustered the courage to ask a girl he had a crush on to be his date for Valentine’s day in February 2017 after delaying it for quite some time. She accepted his proposal and even gave him a poster of his favorite superhero.
- His favorite french fries are from Jake’s Brookside restaurant but McDonald’s ones are a close second.
- His mom said that he was a lot calmer and composed in comparison to Shari.
- Chad bought a lizard from his 1st YouTube salary and named him Gecko. The lizard, unfortunately, escaped after a few days.
- He was surprisingly good at guessing food samples during the “guessing baby food challenge” on his family channel.
- Chad got his 1st cell phone in June 2017, which was a flip-phone. His parents bought him and Shari a smartphone, Apple iPhone X in March 2019. Other kids received Apple smartwatches. Chad then discovered for the 1st time that he has an inclination towards color-coding his applications by separating them in folders.
- His mom typically cuts his hair.
- He can play the piano and violin.
- Chad hid the fact that he was a dancer from his family up until December 2018. He competed in the Nationals as a ballroom dancer in March 2019 and was so good that he had to leave his female partner behind because he advanced forward.
- He shared his room with his younger brother Russell but always wanted his own.
- Chad competed in a push-up battle against his dad in December 2018 and did around 28.
- Chad said he wasn’t a popular kid at school because no one was the typical “popular kid”, so he didn’t have to worry about it.
- He is a natural at any sport he tries. He was very good at football, track, basketball, and skiing, among others.
- Chad got 3 temporary henna tattoos in January 2019 while on a family trip to Oahu, Hawaii.
- He has gone without brushing his teeth for more than 24 hours in the past.
- Chad has never touched any old piece of gum, whether in school under the table or in public.
- Out of all siblings, he fights with Julie the most because they just don’t connect as much.
- A big chunk of his audience thought his abs were photoshopped when his mom posted the picture on social media but they weren’t.
- Chad has to play the music on maximum volume when he’s showering. He also sings in the shower and according to his sister Abby, he’s a good singer.
- As of August 2019, he couldn’t grow any armpit hair.
- His parents deleted his Instagram after they sent him to the camp in the woods in 2019. When he got the news, he was a little angry but also felt relieved as he never had the perception that he was an influencer.
- Visit 8 Passengers’ official website @ 8passengers.com.
- Follow him on YouTube.
Featured Image by Chad Franke / Instagram