|Chansung Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft ½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chansung is a South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper and actor known for being a member of the South Korean boyband 2PM. He is also known for acting in the Korean sitcom Unstoppable High Kick (2006), playing the role of Jack in the Japanese television drama series Kaitō Royale, and Gong Do-ha in the Korean TV series 7th Grade Civil Servant. He has a strong social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Chansung did his schooling from Korean Arts High School and later he went to Howon University.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Actor
Chansung is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-pop, Electronic, Hip Hop, R&B
- JYP Entertainment
- Sony Music
- Ariola Japan
- United Asia Management
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has described his ideal type to be someone who can carry their own style.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean ancestry.
He prefers to dye his hair ‘blonde’ or ‘light brown’.
Chansung has done advertisement work for brands like –
- Body Shop
- Market O
- Paris-Croissant Food Company
Best Known For
- Being a member of South Korean boy band 2PM
- Acting in the Korean sitcom Unstoppable High Kick (2006), playing the role of Jack in the Japanese television drama series Kaitō Royale, and Gong Do-ha in the Korean TV series 7th Grade Civil Servant
Chansung released his first studio album 01:59PM along with the band 2PM on November 10, 2009. The album peaked at #1 on the Gaon Music Chart and sold more than 110k units in Korea.
Chansung made his theatrical film debut in Red Carpet as Kim Dae-yoon in 2014.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on situation comedy show Unstoppable High Kick released in 2006.
Chansung is a trained martial artist and a black belt in taekwondo. He is also a fitness freak and according to him, he sometimes works out twice a day. As per an interview in 2010, Chansung revealed that he prefers working out for one body part in one day. His workout mainly consisted of muscles-training and 15-20 minutes of jogging every day.
Apart from the workout, he also focused on his eating routine and instead of eating a big meal, he preferred to have small meals every 2 or 3 hours so that he would not gain weight easily.
- Before starting his career as a singer, he was already a television actor and had appeared in South Korean sitcom High Kick (2006) and teen drama Jungle Fish (2008).
- He auditioned to compete in the reality show Superstar Survival in 2006 and was selected as one of the 12 finalists.
- Later in 2008, he participated in another reality show called Hot Blood Men that showed the journey of 13 trainees who were to become a boy band One Day which later gave birth to 2 new bands namely 2AM and 2PM.
- He made his official debut with the boy band 2PM on September 4, 2008.
- Chansung is a trained martial artist with high-level achievements in Kumdo and holds a 3-degree black belt in Taekwondo.
- On June 1, 2012, his agency announced that he would be opening a fitness center which is now located in Nonhyun-dong.
- He is an animal lover and has a pet cat named Jeonggam.
- Apart from Korean, he can also speak intermediate Japanese and basic English.
- On May 23, 2018, he made his Japanese debut as a solo artist by releasing his album titled Complex that sold more than 16k units.
- He has also composed several songs including Coming Down, Perfume, Mine, Boyfriend, and The Word, Love.
- On June 11, 2019, Changsung got enlisted for the mandatory military service.
- Follow Chansung on Twitter.
Featured Image by Wooyeon724 / wooyeon724.tistory.com / CC BY 4.0