Blake Alexander Jenner
Miami, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Blake Jenner went to the Felix Varela High School in The Hammocks, Florida. He eventually decided to graduate from high school a year earlier.
He improved his acting skills by taking improv classes from the iconic Los Angeles based improv troupe, The Groundlings.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has three older siblings.
Blake Jenner is represented by Artist and Brand Management.
Vocals, Drums, Guitar
His music has been released via Columbia Records and 20th Century Fox TV.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Blake Jenner has dated –
- Maria Correa – Blake started going out with Maria Correa when they were studying in high school in Miami. When he moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career, she moved along with him. They reportedly ended their relationship in 2012. The reasons behind their breakup aren’t known. However, some tabloids allege that his blossoming equation with Melissa Benoist led to their breakup.
- Melissa Benoist (2012-2017) – As per the tabloids, Jenner started dating Melissa Benoist towards the end of 2012. They made their first public appearance at the LA’s Griffith Observatory in March 2013. They eventually acknowledged their relationship in May. In July, it was reported that they had got secretly engaged. However, the engagement wasn’t confirmed until December when he spoke at the Trevor Project benefit. They got married in a small ceremony in March 2015. However, they kept the news of their marriage secret as well. In July, they confirmed that they had got married. However, their marriage didn’t last long as she filed for divorce in December 2016. She cited irreconcilable differences in her filing. The divorce was finalized in December 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Cuban ancestry on his mother’s side and English, German, French-Canadian ancestry on his father’s side.
- Prominent chin
- Broad smile
Blake Jenner hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Ryder Lynn in the musical drama TV series, Glee from 2012 to 2015.
- Having played one of the leading roles in the comedy movie, Everybody Wants Some!! (2016)
- Having played the role of Darian Franklin in the coming of age drama flick, The Edge of Seventeen (2016).
As a Singer
Blake has lent his voice to a couple of soundtracks that were recorded for the musical TV series, Glee.
In 2011, he made his theatrical film debut in the horror movie, Cousin Sarah.
First TV Show
In 2011, Blake made his first TV show appearance in A House Divided episode of romantic drama series, Melissa & Joey.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Blake Jenner Favorite Things
- Inspirations – Jim Carrey and Edwin McCain
- Actors – Ryan Gosling and Andrew Garfield
- Sports – Baseball and Football
- Movies – The Social Network and Dumb & Dumber
- TV Show – The Office
- Style Icon – David Bowie
Blake Jenner Facts
- While he was studying in high school, he became a member of his school’s drama society Troupe 6162. He also used to play in school’s wrestling and football teams.
- In his early days in Los Angeles, he did many odd jobs including working as a clothing store associate, parrot salesman, and waiter for financial stability.
- In 2008, he joined Impromedy, which is a Miami based sketch comedy improv group.
- He has also participated in many stage productions at the Roxy Performing Arts Center in the past.
- Blake won the “Rising Star” award at the San Diego Film Festival in 2017.
- In 2013, he won “Choice TV Breakout Star” award for his role in Glee at the Teen Choice Awards.
- In November 2019, his ex-wife, Melissa Benoist released an emotional video in which she revealed that she had suffered months of domestic abuse at the hands of Blake. Blake later confirmed the abuse revelation and claimed that he was also assaulted by Melissa in the shower in the past.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY-2.0