|Charles Leclerc Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|October 16, 1997
Charles Leclerc is a Monégasque racing driver who drives and competes in Formula One for Ferrari.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Father – Hervé Leclerc (Former Professional Racing Driver) (d. 2017)
- Mother – Pascale Leclerc
- Siblings – Lorenzo Leclerc (Older Brother), Arthur Leclerc (Younger Brother) (Professional Racing Driver)
He is represented by Sauber Motorsport AG Company, Hinwil, Switzerland.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charles Leclerc has dated –
- Giada Gianni (2015-2019)
- Charlotte Siné (2019-2022) – He started dating architect and social media influencer Charlotte Siné in 2019. They announced their breakup in December 2022.
- Alexandra Saint Mleux (2023-Present) – In August 2023, it was reported that he was in a relationship with Alexandra Saint Mleux after they were spotted on the top deck of a yacht while vacationing in Sardinia, Italy.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘light brown’.
- Thick Eyebrows
- Dimpled smile
Charles Leclerc Facts
- He made his Formula One debut in 2018 for Sauber, a team affiliated with Ferrari.
- He agreed on a contract with Ferrari for the 2019 season alongside Sebastian Vettel. In September 2019, Scuderia Ferrari announced the hiring of Leclerc in preparation for the 2019 season. Though it was initially announced that he would be racing for 2019, it was later revealed that his contract was going to be 4 seasons long. On November 28, 2018, he made his first test day as an official Ferrari race driver in Abu Dhabi.
- In 2016, he won the GP3 Series Championship.
- In 2017, he won the FIA Formula 2 Championship.
- He became the second-youngest to qualify on pole position in Formula One during his first season with Ferrari in Bahrain.
- In the 2019 season, he had his first career win in Belgium, won his first Italian Grand Prix as a Ferrari driver, and won the Pole Trophy in the 2019 F1 season, making him the youngest driver ever to win the award and the first non-Mercedes driver to win it.
- He began his karting career in 2005. Leclerc won the Frenc PACA Championship in 2005, 2006, and 2008. He became the French Cadet champion before moving to the KF3 class in 2010 during which he won the Junior Monaco Kart Cup. He proceeded to the KF3 class in 2011 and won the CIK-FIA KF3 World Cup, the CIK-FIA Karting Academy Trophy, and the ERDF Junior Kart Masters. During his final year of karting in 2013, he won the South Garda Winter Cup and finished at the 6th spot in the CIK-FIA European KZ Championship.
- In 2014, he lost his lifelong friend and godfather Jules Bianchi in a crash at the Japanese Grand Prix. In the same year, he graduated to single-seaters and raced in the Formula Renault 2.0 Alps championship for the British team, Fortec Motorsports. During the season, Leclerc got 7 podium positions including a double victory at Monza.
- In 2015, he graduated to Formula Three and raced in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship with Dutch team Van Amersfoort Racing.
- In February 2015, de Vries confirmed Leclerc’s participation in the 2016 season. The following week, ART officially signed Leclerc and with the team, he obtained 3 victories and brought home the title in Abu Dhabi despite crashing in the feature race.
- In March 2016, it was announced that he would be one of the 2 drivers to join the Ferrari Driver Academy. As his role as the development driver, he raced in the first practice session of the 2016 British Grand Prix for Haas. Though his victory was anticipated and many believed he won the GP3 Series championship, Haas team principal Guenther Steiner debunked the claims and announced that Leclerc would proceed to the 2017 FIA Formula 2 Championship.
- In April 2022, Charles’s one-off Richard Mille watch worth as much as $2 million was stolen from him. 2 people posed as fans and took a picture with him and eventually stole the watch in the Tuscan town of Viareggio. Charles followed the thieves in his Ferrari 488 Pista car. Eventually, he noted down the number plate of the vehicle which helped to locate the location of those thieves and they were arrested 1 year later in April 2023.
- In January 2024, it was revealed that Charles had extended his contract with Ferrari.
Featured Image by Ralf Roletschek / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-4.0