|Charley Hull Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1996|
Charley Hull is an English professional golfer who has played both on the Ladies European Tour and the LPGA Tour.
Charley Esmee Hull
Kettering, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom
Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom
Charley Hull was 13 years old when she left school and was homeschooled after that.
- Others – She has a paternal half-sibling and a maternal half-sibling.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charley Hull has dated –
- Ozzie Smith (2019-Present) – On September 21, 2019, she married mixed martial arts fighter Ozzie Smith.
Race / Ethnicity
Hull has Polish roots on her mother’s side.
Charley Hull Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Kettering, Northamptonshire, England.
- She was just 2 years old when she was first introduced to golf. She eventually started playing with her father at Kettering Golf Club.
- At the age of 9, Charley Hull attracted public attention as she won a significant 18-hole handicap event against adults with a score of 28 stableford points from a handicap of 26 at Turnberry.
- She was 10 years old when she played alongside Morgan Pressel in the British Open Pro-Am.
- She went on to win many amateur events in the United States and Great Britain and has ranked in the top 10 of the World Amateur Golf Ranking, reaching a high of #3 in the world.
- In 2012, Charley Hull played on the Great Britain and Ireland Curtis Cup team. Subsequently, she lost her fourballs and foursomes matches on the first two days. She won her singles match on the final day as the Great Britain and Ireland team beat the United States team 10½–9½.
- She participated in the 2012 Women’s British Open and was tied for third after the first round.
- On January 1, 2013, she turned professional and subsequently made her professional debut in March 2013. She reeled off five consecutive second-place finishes on the Ladies European Tour: Lalla Meryem Cup, South African Women’s Open, Turkish Airlines Ladies Open, Deloitte Ladies Open, and a playoff loss at the UniCredit Ladies German Open.
- Charley Hull was awarded the 2013 LET Rookie of the Year award as well as was voted the “Best International Newcomer” by the Sports Journalists’ Association. She was also presented with the Peter Wilson Trophy at the SJA British Sports Awards while she was also on the shortlist for the BBC’s Young Sports Personality of the Year.
- She was selected by European Solheim Cup captain Liselotte Neumann to compete in the 2013 Solheim Cup in August 2013. With this, she became the youngest person ever to play in the tournament.
- She won her first professional title at the Lalla Meryem Cup in Morocco on March 16, 2014.
- Charley Hull went on to conclude the 2014 season by becoming the youngest player to win the Ladies European Tour Order of Merit.
- She played on both the Ladies European Tour and the LPGA Tour in 2015.
- She emerged as the winner of the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open at the Saadiyat Beach Golf Club in Abu Dhabi on January 12, 2019.
- She won the opening event of the Rose Ladies Series in the United Kingdom in June 2020.
- Charley Hull has often publicly spoken out against single-s*x golf clubs.
- She was once asked by the BBC if she had experienced discrimination on the course and she recalled that when she was 7 years old, she defeated a 17-year-old boy and he swore at her after the match.
Featured Image by Wojciech Migda (Wmigda) / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0