|Chiara Mastroianni Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.75 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1972|
Chiara Mastroianni is a French actress known for portraying various important roles in popular TV shows and films like Carnage, Le parole di mio padre, and Le Journal du séducteur. She has won numerous awards for her superior acting skills and was also a member of the main jury at the 73rd Venice International Film Festival.
Chiara Charlotte Mastroianni
Chiara Mastroianni attended the primary school, Lycée français Chateaubriand in Rome. She later got enrolled in the secondary school, Lycée Fénelon in Paris. She has also studied at the Bilingual Montessori School in Paris.
- Father – Marcello Mastroianni (Actor)
- Mother – Catherine Deneuve (Actress, Model, Singer, Film Producer)
- Siblings – Christian Vadim (Older Half-Brother) (Actor), Barbara Mastroianni (Older Half-Sister) (Costume Designer)
- Others – Ottone Mastroianni (Paternal Grandfather), Ida Mastroianni (Paternal Grandmother), Maurice Dorléac (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor), Renée Simonot (Maternal Grandfather) (Actress), Danielle Dorléac (Maternal Aunt) (Actress), Ruggero Mastroianni (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Sylvie Dorléac (Maternal Aunt) (Actress), Françoise Dorléac (Maternal Aunt) (Actress and Singer)
Chiara Mastroianni is represented by Paris-based Artmédia (Talent Agency).
5 ft 6¾ in or 169.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chiara Mastroianni has dated –
- Edoardo Ponti (1992) – In the summer of 1992, Chiara was reported to be dating director Edoardo Ponti. It was reported that they had met while living in the US and their news was broken by the US tabloids. However, her father wasn’t amused by the intrusion of media in his daughter’s personal life.
- Pierre Thoretton (1995-1998) – In 1995, she started going out with the French sculptor, Pierre Thoretton. In 1996, she gave birth to their son, Milo Thoretton. Following Milo’s birth, she decided to take a break from shooting. However, their relationship didn’t last long as they separated in 1998. Soon after, she decided to return to acting.
- Benicio del Toro (1998-2001) – In 1998, Mastroianni met the Puerto Rican actor, Benicio del Toro at the Cannes Film Festival. They started dating soon after. They were in a relationship for about 3 years before breaking up in 2001.
- Andrea Di Stefano (2000) – In 2000, Chiara was linked with the Italian actor and director, Andrea Di Stefano. But their relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Benjamin Biolay (2002-2005) – In May 2002, Chiara got married to the French singer and songwriter, Benjamin Biolay. They had met just a couple of months before. In April 2003, she gave birth to their daughter, Anna Bolay. She was also featured on his home album, Home in 2004. Their marriage came to an end in 2005.
- Vincent Lindon (2008-2010) – In 2008, she started dating veteran French actor, Vincent Lindon. They were pictured kissing in the public on a couple of occasions by the French press. They decided to end their relationship in 2010 on friendly terms as they got together for the 2013 movie, Bastards.
- Benoît Poelvoorde (2013-Present) – In 2013, Chiara started dating actor Benoît Poelvoorde. Their relationship had blossomed on the sets of the movie, Three Hearts. Their relationship became a public knowledge after they were spotted kissing and hanging out together in December 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry on her father’ side, while on her mother’s side, she has French ancestry. She also has traces of Swiss-Italian roots.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Mole on the chin
- High cheekbones
Chiara Mastroianni hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the French drama movie, Carnage, which went on to win several prestigious awards at the international film festivals
- Having played an important role in the Italian drama movie, Le parole di mio padre
- Being cast in important roles in the popular French movies such as Le Journal du séducteur, Three Lives and Only One Death, and Il est plus facile pour un chameau…
She made her theatrical film debut in the 1979 film, Us Two. However, her role in the movie wasn’t credited.
In 1993, she made her credited theatrical film debut as Anne in the French drama movie, My Favorite Season. Her mother Catherine Deneuve was cast in the lead role in the movie.
First TV Show
In 1976, Chiara made her TV show debut as herself on V.I.P.-Schaukel.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Chiara Mastroianni Favorite Things
- Mother’s Movie – Repulsion (1965)
- Father’s Movie – Divorce Italian Style (1961) and What Time Is It? (1989)
Source – The Guardian
Chiara Mastroianni Facts
- In Time Regained, she was cast in the role of a daughter of the character played by her real father. Her mother was also cast in the movie.
- She got her first big breakthrough in 1995 after she was cast opposite Melvil Poupaud in the romantic comedy, Le Journal du séducteur.
- In 2016, she was selected as the main jury member for the 73rd Venice International Film Festival.
- Apart from French, she is very fluent in English. The fact that she attended bilingual school while growing up has helped her linguistic skills.
- She doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Siren-Com / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0