|Choi Jin-hyuk Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Choi Jin-hyuk is a South Korean actor, voice artist, singer, and musician. He has been cast in a variety of shows and movies such as Koisuru Vampire, The Last Empress, Devilish Charm, Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit, Pasta, Rugal, Pride and Prejudice, Emergency Couple, Mr. Queen, You Are My Destiny, The Heirs, The Last Empress, Tunnel, Miss Panda and Mr. Hedgehog, Rainbow Romance, My Ugly Duckling, Beginning of a Dream, Just Run!, Zombie Detective, I Need Romance, Devilish Joy, Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency, Survival Star Audition, The Divine Move, Gu Family Book, and It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl.
Mokpo, South Jeolla Province, South Korea
Actor, Voice Artist, Singer, Musician
Choi Jin-hyuk has been signed with G-Tree Creative.
6 ft 1¾ in or 187.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Choi Jin-hyuk is of South Korean descent.
Choi Jin-hyuk Facts
- He started using the stage name “Choi Jin-hyuk” in 2010.
- In 2013, he was cast in the supporting role of Gu Wol-ryung, Kang-chi’s father who is the guardian spirit of Mt. Jiri and falls in love with a human, in the historical fantasy romantic action television series Gu Family Book. For this role, Choi Jin-hyuk won the Asia Rainbow TV Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor” and APAN Star Award for “Best New Actor” while he was also nominated for a Baeksang Arts Award for “Best New Actor – Television” and MBC Drama Award for “Best New Actor”.
- He brought to life the character of Seon-soo (“Player”) in the 2014 action film The Divine Move. This performance got him nominated for a Blue Dragon Film Award as well as Grand Bell Award in the “Best New Actor” category.
- In 2015, he appeared as Mike in the Japanese vampire film Koisuru Vampire.
- On March 31, 2015, Choi Jin-hyuk enlisted for mandatory military service. Although he had the option to join the Seoul Police Promotional Team, the theater unit under the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, he choose to serve as an active-duty soldier. Eventually, he was discharged from the army after just 7 months due to a knee injury.
- From 2018 to 2019, he was cast as Na Wang-sik/Chun Woo-bin in the action romantic mystery thriller series The Last Empress, which won him the “Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Wednesday-Thursday Drama” at the SBS Drama Awards in 2018.
- Choi Jin-hyuk has also appeared in the music videos for songs like Even If I Choke Up by T.G.U.S. and Sad Song by Tae One.
- Between 2020 and 2021, he played Jang Bong-hwan, a playboy and Blue House chef, in the historical fantasy romantic comedy television series Mr. Queen.
Featured Image by rolling419 / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0