|Choi Woo-shik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1990|
Choi Woo-shik is a Korean-Canadian actor who has given notable performances in films like Set Me Free (2014), Train to Busan (2016), and the Academy Award-winning Parasite (2019). He has more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Seoul, South Korea
South Korean, Canadian
Choi and his family moved to Canada when he was in the 5th grade. He studied at Pinetree Secondary School and Simon Fraser University but, moved back to South Korea after his junior year.
He attended Chung-Ang University in South Korea and graduated with a degree in Cultural Studies.
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
Choi is represented by Management SOOP.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Woo-shik has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
Choi Woo-shik Favorite Things
Source – Vulture
Choi Woo-shik Facts
- He is best friends with fellow actors Park Seo-joon, Park Hyung-sik, rapper Peakboy, and Kim Tae-hyung (V from BTS). The group is collectively known as the Wooga Squad.
- Choi performed the song, A Glass of Soju which played during the end credits of director Bong Joon-ho‘s Parasite. The song was shortlisted in the ‘Original Song category’ at the Academy Awards but didn’t make the final cut.
- He is bilingual and speaks English and Korean.
- While studying in Canada, he had a group of 14 Korean friends and they called themselves FF14 (Friends Forever 14).
- Initially, Choi aspired to be a theater director.
- His blockbuster film, Parasite (2019) became the first foreign-language film in Oscar history to win the coveted ‘Best Picture’ category.
Featured Image by NewsInStar / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0