|Chris Brooks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1986|
Chris Brooks is an American retired gymnast who represented his country at the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. As of July 2023, he had been working as an assistant coach for the Arkansas Razorbacks NCAA gymnastics team.
Houston, Texas, United States
He studied at Cypress Creek High School, Houston, Texas graduating from there in 2005. Later, he went on to study at the University of Oklahoma completing his studies in Business Management in 2009.
Chris trained under the watchful eye of Bill Foster at the Houston North Gymnastics Club. He also trained under Mark Williams, Andriy Stepanchenko, and Tom Meadows. After completing his graduation, he began training at the Cypress Academy of Gymnastics.
- Father – Late. Larry Brooks
- Siblings – Nick Brooks (Brother) (Gymnast), Erica Brooks (Sister) (Gymnast)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Jordyn Wieber Brooks – Chris had been dating 2012 Olympic gymnast Jordyn Wieber as of February 2017. The couple got engaged on October 5, 2021, before marrying on May 28, 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
- Masculine jawline
- He sports a goatee.
- Well-toned physical appearance
Chris Brooks Favorite Things
- Event – Horizontal bar
Source – Team USA
Chris Brooks Facts
- Originally, Chris is from Houston, Texas.
- Brooks was part of the U.S. junior national team from 1999–2001, 2002–2005.
- Chris won a gold medal at the 2003 USA national championships.
- He had trained alongside Olympic and World Championships medalist Jonathan Horton as a junior, college, and senior elite gymnast.
- Chris suffered an injury when his grip locked while training on a high bar, resulting in the shattering and splintering of his ulna and radius of his right arm, and could not take part in the 2009 USA nationals.
- He had been part of the Oklahoma Sooners men’s gymnastics team in college from 2005 to 2009. Chris played with them in the 2006 and 2008 national championships.
- Brooks announced that he was going to retire from artistic gymnastics on August 17, 2017.
- He has a pet dog named Zora.
- During the highlight of his career, Chris won four gold medals at the 2012 Pacific Rim Championships.
- He is very fond of motorcycles and cars.
Featured Image By Chris Brooks / Instagram