Chris Evans played a superhero role in the movie Captain America. He played another comic book hero role in the movie Fantastic Four where he portrayed the role of Johnny Storm. Simon Waterson was the personal trainer of Evans during his body transformation. Simon Waterson is a well known Hollywood trainer and has caused some serious and radical transformations in Hollywood actors, including Jake Gyllenhaal in the movie “The Prince of Persia” and Daniel Craig for his role as “James Bond”. Chris Evans was able to gain 20 lbs of lean body muscle mass and lost around 5 % of body fat by working out and eating, according to a strict diet plan. He always had a great looking body physique with lean muscles.
Chris Evans Workout Schedule
The lean and muscular star performed gym exercises and workouts for 6 days each week. He followed a split routine exercise plan, in which he trained one body part each day. This way, he got ample time to rinse and repeat the exercises. He was also able to exercise without straining or over exercising any body muscle. Let’s have a look at his daily workout plan.
Monday – Shoulders
- Seated Military Press Machine – 3 sets, 15 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise – 3 sets, 6 to 8 reps each
- Four Way Neck Machine – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Rear Delt Cable Raise – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Hammer Strength Shrug – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
Tuesday – Chest
- Cable Crossover – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Inclined Dumbbell Press – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Push-ups – 4 sets, 12 reps
Wednesday – Legs
- Leg Press – 4 sets, 25, 20, 18, 16 reps (Last set is a drop set)
- Smith Machine Lunge – 4 sets, 8 reps per leg
- Lying Leg Curl – 4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Standing Calf Raise – 6 sets, 12 reps (Last set is a drop set)
Thursday – Arms
- Alternating Dumbbell Curl – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Preacher Machine Curl – 6 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 21, 21 reps
- Cable Triceps Extension – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 20 reps
- Overhead Cable Extension – 4 sets, 12, 10, 8, 20 reps
- One arm Reverse grip Tricep Extension – 2 sets, 10 reps
Friday – Back
- Wide Grip Lateral Pull Down – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Close Grip Lateral Pull Down – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- One arm Seated Row Machine – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Back Extension – 4 sets, 15, 15, 12, 12 reps
Saturday – Workouts for cardiovascular health and abdominals (core) like circuit training, etc.
Sunday – Rest
Chris Evans Diet Plan
In order to maintain his weight (200 pounds) and muscles, Chris Evans ate lots of nuts, protein (in the form of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food) and other food items.
Evans had this daily diet plan, which is as –
- Breakfast – A porridge bowl along with dark berries and walnuts
- Morning snack – Whey protein shake and 5 gm of BCAA
- Pre-workout snack – Apple and almonds
- Post-workout snack – Whey protein shake and 5 gm of BCAA
- After 20 minutes – Chicken salad and brown rice
- Afternoon snack – Low carbohydrate whey protein shake
- Dinner – Lean proteins like fish, chicken or beef, with veggies
Chris Evans succeeded in gaining muscle mass without any increase in his body fat deposits as he frequently consumed low carbohydrate protein shakes between his daily meals. His snacks did not consist of any junk food item as he ate fruits and nuts for snacks. He incorporated BCAA or Branched Chain Amino Acid supplements in his diet plan so that the muscle breakdown is minimized. BCAA also helps in growth of muscles. He took glutamine supplements during every meal so that his muscles are not burned by his body for energy. Apart from these, he had omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids in order to make his body capable of fighting the harmful radicals.
Awesome physique and awesome workout.. can’t wait to start it!
Any recommendations on what kg dumbbells and weights i should use? Im 6″2 and never worked out before. Im 65 kg.
For each 12 reps, try to do 12, then slowly increase the weight until you can only do 8 reps. Then keep that until you are strong enough to do 12 again, then up the weight ect ect.
Remember eating is 90% of it, so if you are doing this follow the eating plan too! You can replace the protein shakes with some sort of meat and a cup of milk.
I call bullsh*t on this one….. you don’t need glutamine your muscles just don’t burn themselves that stages takes a long time to happen.
For example I am very muscular and lean I can see my abs so floating around 12% fat when I broke my leg 5 months ago I didn’t workout for 3 months and i didn’t lose all my gains overnight.
I cut my diet down and avoided extra carbs kept my proteins moderate.
Not enough protein and calories to gain large amounts of muscle\size.
Is there a problem with this :
Rear Delt Cable Raise – 5 sets, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
I don’t understand, four reps for this type of exercise…
It could be better to do this for the Seated military press machine i think.
military press =/= rear delts
Which supplements he took? Glutamine, Protein Iso Hey, Omega 3 or BCAA and Creatine?
Now I know what his diets are of having a perfect body in Captain America… He’s perfect here compare to his rule in the fantastic four.
Don’t expect anything like his body if you’re not taking roids too.
Finally somebody that realizes he’s on steroids.
Don’t forget to use Steroids Kids
The workout is tough, but the tricky thing is the diet. I can make the whey protein and eat almonds, nut, etc. But porridge? Low carb whey? Never figured that to be a daily substance
Don’t even bother with supplements unless you consider testosterone and DNP “supplements” like this guys do.