|Chris Messina Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1974|
Chris Messina is an American actor known for portraying various important roles in popular TV shows and films like The Giant Mechanical Man, The Mindy Project, Argo, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Julie & Julia, and Ruby Sparks. He has done endorsement work for brands like Hulu Plus.
Northport, New York, United States
Chris Messina went to the Northport High School. After graduating from the high school, he got admission at the Marymount Manhattan College on an acting scholarship. However, he dropped out of college after having studied just for one semester as he had doubts about his acting skills and future in the acting industry.
Actor, Film Director
- Mother – Phyllis Messin (Former Dance Teacher)
Chris Messina is represented by Beverly Hills-based William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Messina has dated –
- Rosemarie DeWitt (1995-2006) – In 1995, Chris Messina got married to actress Rosemarie DeWitt. In 2006, they ended their marriage that had lasted for more than a decade. The reasons for their separation were never revealed. But, they remained on good terms post their divorce. They even worked together in the 2015 comedy drama, Digging for Fire.
- Jennifer Todd – Chris Messina has been in a long-term relationship with movie producer Jennifer Todd. They have two sons together named Milo (b. 2008) and Giovanni (b. 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Strong jawline
Chris Messina has appeared in a series of TV commercials for the popular streaming platform, Hulu Plus.
Best Known For
- His immense performance in the lead role in comedy-drama movie, The Giant Mechanical Man.
- Having played the role of Danny Castellano in the romantic comedy TV series, The Mindy Project.
- Being cast in supporting roles in popular movies such as Argo, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Julie & Julia, You’ve Got Mail and Ruby Sparks.
First TV Show
In 1995, Chris Messina made his first TV show appearance in the Rebels episode of the popular legal drama TV series, Law & Order.
Chris Messina Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Chris Messina Facts
- After dropping out of college, he moved back home and took a number of odd jobs such as cleaning homes, delivering pizzas, and assisting a lobster boat captain.
- When he had initially dropped out of college, he had planned to drive across the country like novelist and poet Jack Kerouac. However, by the time, he managed to save enough money, he started working on his acting career.
- He eventually moved to Los Angeles to give another shot at acting career but his struggles continued and he had then decided to move to New York City. On the way to the airport, his agent asked him to go for one final audition. He managed to ace his final audition, which turned out to be for the role of Ted Fairwell in the HBO TV series, Six Feet Under.
- He often credits his high school theater teacher John Gavriluk for encouraging him to get into acting and providing him with the initial foundation for his acting career.
- In 2003, he made his Broadway debut in the revival of Oscar Wilde’s play, Salome. His co-stars in the play included illustrious names such as Al Pacino, Marisa Tomei, Dianne West, and David Strathairn.
- To prepare for his role as a 30s era gangster in Live by Night, he went on to gain 40 pounds. He also worked heavily on perfecting the Boston accent and got gross looking teeth as well.
- In October 2007 edition of Daily Variety, he was included in the list featuring Ten Actors to Watch.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by diginmag / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0