|Christen Press Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1988|
Christen Press is an American soccer player who plays for the Utah Royals FC of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL). Before playing for the Utah Royals FC, she has also previously played for a couple of professional teams such as the Chicago Red Stars, Kopparbergs/Goteborg FC, and Tyreso FF.
Christen Annemarie Press
Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended Chadwick School for high school.
She also went to Stanford University and played for their team Stanford Cardinal.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Cody Press (Former Football Player)
- Mother – Stacy Press (Former Tennis Player)
- Siblings – Channing Press (Sister), Tyler Press (Sister)
She self-manages herself.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Christen Press has dated –
- Tobin Heath (Rumor)
- Nima Majd
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Wide Lips
- Greek Nose
- Wide Forehead
Christen Press Facts
- Her parents were also athletes who played different sports. Her father Cody was a football layer at Dartmouth while her mother Stacy was a tennis player.
- She started playing soccer at the age of 5.
- Back in her high school career, she was a two-year team captain and a four-year starter. At the time, she was named Southern Section Division IV Offensive Player of the Year twice and a four-time Prep League Offensive MVP.
- In 2006, she was titled NSCAA High School All-American and Parade Magazine All-American.
- She played club soccer for Slammers FC of Newport Beach, California, and won the Golden Boot for acquiring most goals in the U.S. Youth Soccer Association’s national championship tournament.
- From 2007 to 2010, she played for the Stanford Cardinal women’s soccer team. At the time, she was an all-time leading scorer for the team with 71 goals. She was also named Stanford’s second Hermann Trophy winner and a two-time runner-up at the NCAA Women’s College Cup.
- In 2011, she was drafted to the Washington Freedom as the fourth overall pick in the 2011 WPS Draft. The team moved to Florida and was renamed magicJack under its new ownership. Around the same time, Press was also named WPS Rookie of the Year.
- In 2012, Press signed a new professional contract with Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC.
- She signed to Tyresö FF during early 2013 and to Chicago Red Stars in January 2014. Two months until the 2014 NWSL season, Press scored a team-high of 6 goals while playing in only 12 matches and was awarded a Golden Boot, making her the first American to earn the award in the history of the Swedish League.
- While playing for Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC, after scoring 4 goals in 3 games, she was named Damallsvenskan Player of the Month for April. Before ending her contract to play for the Royals, she managed to score a brace in the team’s win against IF Limhamn Bunkeflo.
- On June 18, 2018, the Royals announced that they had acquired the rights to Press in a trade by sending Brooke Elby and 6 draft picks to the Chicago Red Stars. On June 27, she made her debut in a 0-0 draw against the Seattle Reign.
- Press earned her first cap for the national team on February 9, 2012, in a friendly match against Scotland.
- In 2015, she was included in the playing team for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada. On June 8, she made her first tournament start against Australia and scored her first World Cup goal in the 61st minute.
- In 2019, she was named NWSL Player of the Week 17 and was named NWSL Player of the Month for August, which turned out to be her second time having named as the player of the month.
Featured Image by Slammie4u / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0