|Tobin Heath Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 29, 1988|
Tobin Heath is an American professional soccer player who plays as a midfielder for Portland Thorns FC of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) and the United States women’s national soccer team. Her overall contributions in the world of soccer gave her the recognition of being dubbed as the most skillful player in the United States. Among her most notable victories as a pro, she’s most well-praised for being an Olympic gold medalist and a FIFA Women’s World Cup champion with the United States women’s national soccer team. In 2010, Heath became the overall pick during the Women’s Professional Soccer draft and she was voted as the “U.S Soccer Athlete of the Year” in 2016. Before fame, she started her early years with the New Jersey Wildcats for the 2004-05 season, joined the Hudson Valley Quickstrike Lady Blues in 2007, and Pali Blues in 2009. After debuting with Atlanta Beat in 2010, she was later drafted by the Sky Blue FC in 2011 and played one season with the New York Fury until the league folded in 2012. Heath played with the Paris Saint-Germain in France for the 2013-14 season before she finally decided to sign with Portland Thorns FC.
Her name was on the rise and she was consistently building a long-list victory in her playing career as a professional soccer player. But, she went on hiatus for a short while after she acquired an injury on her ankle. In January 2018, Heath underwent ankle surgery and made her comeback shortly on June 12, 2018, in a friendly match against China wherein she ended with a 2-1 victory. She again played for the 2018 Tournament of Nations in a match against Brazil and scored the final game which brought the U.S to a 4-1 victory. On that same year, Heath brought home another victory after scoring 4 goals during the 2018 CONCACAF Women’s Championships which included 2 goals in a match against Jamaica. She finished the year with a total of 7 goals and 6 assists while only appearing in 10 games and became one of the 5 nominees for the 2018 “U.S Female Player of the Year”, an award that was ultimately given to her fellow pro-soccer player, Alex Morgan. The multiple winning streaks in a year secured a spot for the U.S for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
Tobin Powell Heath
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
She graduated from Ridge High School situated in Basking Ridge in 2006 where she played soccer for 3 years.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Jeff Heath
- Mother – Cindy Heath
- Siblings – Perry Heath (Older Sister) (Athlete), Katie Heath (Older Sister) (Athlete), and Jeffrey (Younger Brother)
- Others – Dawn Fulmer (Cousin)
Tobin Heath is represented by Wasserman Media Group, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
17 – Portland Thorns
17 – United States Women’s National Soccer Team
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Plump Lips
- U-shaped Jawline
- Toned Physique
- Downward Pointed Nose
Tobin Heath has endorsed brands such as –
- Six Star Pro Nutrition
- Procter & Gamble
Tobin Heath has described herself as a proud and devout follower of the Christian faith.
Best Known For
- Her overall contributions and achievements to the world of professional soccer
- Holding the title of a two-time Olympic Gold medalist and a two-time FIFA Women’s World Cup winner as of August 2019
- Being dubbed as USA’s most skillful player by the United States Soccer Federation (USSF)
First Soccer Match
On January 18, 2008, she made her first U.S. senior team debut with the United States women’s national soccer team (USWNST) in a match against Finland, making her the youngest player to enter the national team.
She was named to the U.S. roster for the 2008 Summer Olympics at the age of 20 and later earned 3 caps. They won the Gold Medal and she was picked as one of the 3 athletes to represent the U.S. at the 2008 Olympics. Following her debut, she had earned an overall scoring of 17 caps and 2 goals and she scored her first international goal in a match against China at the 2008 Algarve Cup.
Being dubbed as the most skillful player in the United States is not one title anyone can easily get without putting too much hard work, dedication, and efforts on the field. Tobin Heath is not just a pro but also someone who is well-known by her playing style combined with creativity handling the ball and the way she plays the game which speaks volume on her defense, endurance, and assists as a soccer player.
In a report, Heath revealed that soccer requires “a lot of changing direction” which definitely needs more work on both the “leg strength and leg endurance“. Aside from doing lots of running, her training parameter also includes a range of exercises intended to strengthen her lower-body. With Heath’s lower-body workout parameters, one can easily build endurance, work on improving the balance and single-leg stability, and increase glute, quad, hamstring, calf strength, and power.
Tobin Heath Leg Workout
- Circuit Training
- Box Squats
- Box Jumps
Tobin Heath Favorite Things
- Childhood Meal – Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Chinese Food – Fried Rice
- Artists – Celine Dion, Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffett
- Professional Athlete – Rafael Nadal, Cristiano Ronaldo
- Hobbies – She enjoys outdoors.
Tobin Heath Facts
- As of August 2019, she is a three-time Olympian.
- She has been dubbed as the “Queen of the Nutmeg”. A definition of nutmeg in soccer is when a ball is kicked, dribbled, rolled, pushed, and thrown between an opponent’s legs.
- Growing up, she also had an interest in surfing and skateboarding alongside soccer.
- Aside from playing soccer, she would love to take part in other Olympic sports such as swimming and gymnastics.
- She was featured along with her national teammates on EA Sports’ FIFA video series in FIFA 16 and was ranked as the no. 15 women’s player in the game by EA Sports.
- She started playing soccer at the age of 4.
- Heath made her FIFA Women’s World Cup debut at the age of 23.
- In 2005, she was ranked as the no. 2 Recruit by the Soccer Buzz magazine for the Class of 2006 and was named to the Parade Magazine All-American team.
- Connect with Tobin Heath on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Pierre-Yves Beaudouin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0