|Christian Braun Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 2001|
Christian Braun is an American professional basketball player who has represented the Denver Nuggets (2022-Present) as a small forward/shooting guard, in the NBA (National Basketball Association). He was selected 21st overall by the Denver Nuggets in the 1st round of the 2022 NBA Draft. Christian won his first NBA Championship with the Denver Nuggets in 2023.
Christian Nicholas Braun
Burlington, Coffey County, Kansas, United States
Christian had attended the Blue Valley Northwest High School in Overland Park, Kansas. After his high school graduation, he joined the University of Kansas, a public research university with its main campus in Lawrence, Kansas. There, he majored in communication studies and represented the Kansas Jayhawks men’s basketball team (2019-20-2021-22). On April 24, 2022, Christian declared for the 2022 NBA Draft, thus foregoing his senior collegiate season.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Donny Braun
- Mother – Lisa Braun (née Sandbothe) (Former College-Level Basketball Player)
- Siblings – Parker Braun (Older Brother) (Former College-Level Basketball Player), Landon Braun (Younger Brother) (Basketball Player)
- Others – Mike Sandbothe (Maternal Uncle) (Former College-Level Basketball Player), Lori Sandbothe (Aunt)
Small Forward, Shooting Guard
- 2 – Kansas Jayhawks
- 0 – Denver Nuggets
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
Christian Braun Facts
- Christian, in his high school senior year, averaged 27.8 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 3.8 assists per game. His performances played a vital role in helping his school win its 3rd consecutive Class 6A state title.
- In recognition of his high school senior year performances, he was named the ‘Kansas Gatorade Player of the Year’ as well as ‘Mr. Kansas Basketball’ in 2019. The latter honor recognizes the best high school basketball player in the state of Kansas as voted on by the Kansas Basketball Coaches Association.
- In his freshman year at the University of Kansas, Christian averaged 5.3 points and 2.9 rebounds per game. He was included in the ‘Big 12 All-Freshman Team’ in 2020. The Big 12 Conference is a college athletic conference headquartered in Irving, Texas, United States. It consists of 14 full-member universities in the states of Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia. The conference is a member of Division I of the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) for all sports.
- With the University of Kansas, he was a starter on the team that won the 2022 edition of the NCAA Championship. In the championship game (contested on April 4, 2022), Christian registered 12 points and 12 rebounds which helped his team bounce back from a 40-25 halftime deficit. In the final possession of that game, he defended a 3-point attempt to seal the victory. Blue Valley Northwest High School, his alma mater, honored him by declaring April 4 as ‘Christian Braun Day’.
- When he clinched the 2023 NBA Championship with the Denver Nuggets (the franchise’s first-ever such title, after having spent 47 seasons in the NBA), he became just the 5th player in basketball history to have won the NCAA Championship and the NBA Championship in successive seasons. The 4 players to have achieved this feat before Christian were Bill Russell, Henry Bibby, Magic Johnson, and Billy Thompson.
- He owns a fashion line called THE CB2 Collection.
- Christian enjoys playing golf and video games.
Featured Image by Christian Braun / Instagram