|Cindy McTee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1953|
Cindy McTee is an American composer and educator who has received several accolades for her work. She received a Music Alive Award from Meet the Composer (2002) and a BMI (Broadcast Music Incorporated) Student Composers Award (1977). Moreover, Cindy has performed with the United States Army Field Band, United States Marine Band, Colorado Symphony Orchestra, Buffalo Philharmonic, Nashville Symphony, Orchestre National de Lyon, San Antonio Symphony Orchestra, Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, Springfield Symphony Orchestra, Puerto Rico Symphony Orchestra, and Los Angeles Philharmonic.
Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, United States
Cindy McTee has received her education from Pacific Lutheran University, the Academy of Music in Kraków, Yale University, and the University of Iowa.
Some of her teachers have been Krzysztof Penderecki, Bruce MacCombie, and Jacob Druckman.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cindy McTee has dated –
- Leonard Slatkin (2011-Present) – She married conductor, author, and composer Leonard Slatkin on November 20, 2011, and they moved to the St. Louis suburb of Clayton, Missouri, in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Sports short hair
Cindy McTee Facts
- She taught at Pacific Lutheran University for 3 years and then joined the faculty of the University of North Texas College of Music in 1984.
- At the University of North Texas College of Music, Cindy McTee received a promotion to Full Professor in 1995 and to Regents Professor in 2000.
- She served as Chair of the Division of Composition Studies for 5 years ending in 2000.
- Cindy McTee was appointed a Fellow in UNT’s Institute for the Advancement of the Arts in 2009.
- She retired from the University of North Texas as Regents Professor Emeritus in 2010.