|Claire Richards Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1977|
Claire Richards is a familiar face on British TV since her early days as a carefree member of the Steps. She has also appeared on Popstar to Operastar and Celebrity Big Brother and has hosted the SMTV Live show. She is one of the celebrities who continue to remain in the public eye for their extreme weight gain and rapid weight loss. Claire is a talented craftswoman, baker, and a fashion icon who also loves being a wonderful mother and wife.
Claire Anne Richards
Hillingdon, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Singer-Songwriter, Dancer, TV Host
- Mother – Nina Richards
- Siblings – Gemma Richards (Younger Sister)
Claire Richards is managed by Fascination Management, London, England.
- Steps Recordings
- Warner Music
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Claire Richards has dated –
- Mark Webb (2003–2005) – On August 2, 2003, Claire married the backup dancer of Steps and H & Claire, Mark Webb. However, their marriage seemed in trouble right from the beginning as she cheated on him with Dane Bowers from the boy band, Another Level, and even hooked up with her first boyfriend Reece Hill. Eventually, their marriage crumbled and they got divorced in 2005.
- Dane Bowers – Somewhere in between her marriage to Mark Webb, Claire had an affair with Dane Bowers, one of the members of the boy band, Another Level. But, the affair ended as Claire, unsuccessfully, tried to make her marriage with Mark Webb work.
- Reece Hill (2008-Present) – In 2008, Claire married her first boyfriend, former publicity manager of Steps and electrician, Reece Hill. She and Reece were in love almost from the early days of Steps. However, Reece had a girlfriend then who was pregnant with their first child. When the management found out about the affair, Reece lost his job as Steps’ PR manager. They went their separate ways briefly, only to rekindle their romance after her failed marriage with Mark Webb. Now, the couple is happily settled with 2 beautiful children, son Charlie Hill (born May 8, 2007) and daughter Daisy Hill (born December 29, 2009). Claire gets along with her stepdaughter, Olivia Hill, too.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Often keeps short hair
- Defined jawline
- Radiant smile
Claire Richards has endorsed and promoted the brands like –
- Woolworths (2001)
- Leesa Sleep UK
- Channel 5
- Freixenet UK
- Walkers Crisps
- For The Love Of Cake By Lottie
- MERINGUE GIRLS
- Vicky’s Donuts
- Rockpool Tour Catering
- ALDO shoes
- Miss Patina
- Blue Diamond Almonds UK
- Coast Store
She was the ambassador of Specsavers’ Spectacle Wearer of the Year Awards in 2018.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the former English pop group Steps which was formed in 1997
- Her group’s fourth studio album Light Up the World
- Appearing on many TV shows such as Popstar to Operastar season 2, as a contestant who reached up to the semi-finals; Celebrity Big Brother (2013), where she came fourth; and Loose Women (2014), as a panelist
With her band Steps, Claire released their first studio album, Step One, in 1998.
Her first solo album is titled My Wildest Dreams, which was released in 2018.
First TV Show
In 1996, she made her first TV show appearance on the family series The Scoop.
Claire Richards has always had trouble managing her weight. She has revealed that food gave her comfort in times of distress forming an emotional connection.
But, now she follows a planned portion diet and maintains 1500 calories per day. She used to do combat exercises and aerobics, working out 3 times a day for an hour. On December 26, 2008, she also released a workout DVD titled Five Step Fat Attack.
Claire Richards Favorite Things
- To Do On Weekends – Art and crafts
Source – British Telecommunications
Claire Richards Facts
- In 1995, she began her career as a member of the pop band TSD with Cossie and Bonnie.
- It was her mother, Nina, who saw the advertisement for Steps in The Stage newspaper in 1997 and urged her to audition.
- After the split of Steps in 2001, H & Claire teamed up to release their debut album Another You, Another Me on November 18, 2002. The album ranked at #54 on the UK chart.
- The 5 things that Claire says she can’t live without are her craft, Prosecco, television, long bubble bath, and husband and children.
- She was featured on the covers of the October 2015 issue of Essentials (GB).
- In July 2012, she released a biographical journey of her life in a book titled All OF Me: My Story.
- In 2002, she co-hosted the SMTV Live with Brian Dowling and Tess Daly.
- She supports charities like Kidscape Indoor Playground and Save The Children UK.
- Visit her official website @ clairerichards.co.uk.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Claire Richards / Instagram