|Clayne Crawford Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Clayne Crawford is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon, Teddy Talbot in Rectify, Dean in A Walk to Remember, and Jim in Wristcutters: A Love Story. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as A Love Song for Bobby Long, The Great Raid, The Donner Party, The Baytown Outlaws, The Killing of Two Lovers, Convergence, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, CSI: Miami, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Criminal Minds, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, NCIS: New Orleans, Lethal Weapon, Memphis Beat, and many more. For his acting skills, Clayne has been nominated for numerous awards such as the Critics’ Choice Television Award.
Clay, Alabama, United States
When he is not working in Los Angeles, he lives on his farm near his hometown in Alabama.
Clayne started his education by attending a number of local schools in his hometown. For his high school education, he got enrolled at the Hewitt-Trussville High School.
After graduating from high school in 1996, he opted to move to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
He took acting classes from The Ardavany Approach. He studied with actors Josh Holloway and Matt Gerald.
- Father – Brian Crawford
- Mother – Lennie Crawford
- Siblings – Connie Crawford (Younger Sister)
Clayne Crawford is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts L.A.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Clayne Crawford has dated
- Sunny Mabrey – Clayne started going out with actress Sunny Mabrey in 2001. They reportedly got engaged in 2002. However, they decided to call off their engagement later.
- Angie Cole – Clayne is reported to have dated actress Angie Cole in the past. There are some sources which claim that they dated in 2006. But there is a slight problem with this detail as it has been claimed that he got married to his wife Sunshine Kiki Brown in 2004. It can’t be verified that which fact isn’t factual.
- Sunshine Kiki Brown – Due to his preference to say very little about his personal life, the details of his marriage to Sunshine isn’t clearly known. They are the parents of two boys. One of them is named, Colt Crawford. Also, this was Brown’s second marriage and she has a daughter by the name of Abby from her first marriage. She lives with Clayne and his family.
Race / Ethnicity
Often has a bushy mustache
Best Known For
- Being cast in a supporting role of Ted “Teddy” Talbot, Jr. in the TV drama series, Rectify. For his work in this TV series, he bagged a nomination for Critics’ Choice best supporting actor.
- Having played the lead role in the comedy-drama TV series, Lethal Weapon.
In 2001, Clayne made his theatrical film debut as one of the leading protagonists in the horror thriller movie, One Blood Planet.
First TV Show
In 1997, he made his first TV show appearance in the Inca Mummy Girl episode of supernatural series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Clayne Crawford Facts
- While studying in high school, he excelled in sports and was in the wrestling as well as a football team.
- In 2000, he adopted Clayne as his professional name in place of his birth first name ‘Joey.’ Clayne is supposed to be his tribute to his hometown and an ancestor.
- After moving to Los Angeles in 1996, he often worked in the construction field to keep himself financially afloat. At the same time, he worked in small theatres to build his resume.
- In 2002, he got his big breakthrough after he was cast in a supporting role in the popular romantic drama, A Walk to Remember.
- In his Esquire interview, he revealed that he wasn’t initially thrilled with playing the lead role in Lethal Weapon. Coming off the success of his work in Rectify, he felt his role in Lethal Weapon would restrict him and feared that his role in comedy won’t have much meat on the bone.
- After he had passed up on working in the TV series, the Fox Television Group chairman and CEO Dana Walden asked him to reconsider and Clayne excused himself to think it over. He returned 6 hours later to give them the nod.
- The creators of the Lethal Weapon decided that Crawford was perfect for their TV series after they saw his performance in the 2002 released indie film, Baytown Outlaws.
- In 2003, he managed to win Young Hollywood Award and was declared as “One to Watch Male” for his performance in a psychological thriller movie, Swimfan.
- He comes across as a country boy. He has revealed in an interview with Hollywood Reporter that he loves the tranquility of his farm and its setting that makes him feel as if he was living in the 60s.
- During the auditions for the action TV series 24, he had auditioned for the role of Cole Ortiz. However, he was instead cast in the recurring role of Kevin Wade.
Featured Image by Clayne Crawford / Instagram