|Cody Jones Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1987|
Cody Jones is an American YouTuber who is recognized as a founding member of YouTube’s 9th most popular sports and entertainment channel Dude Perfect as of 2019. Just like his co-partner Garrett Hilbert, he is known also for his trick shots and comedy. Cody is also better known as the “The Tall Guy” amongst the guys, for obvious reasons, he’s a giant amongst the 4 others. As of 2016, he had also won 4 of the many Guinness World Records that the group had won. He has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Twitter and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram. His contribution to Dude Perfect also helped amass a large number of fans with almost 44 million subscribers.
The Tall Guy
Plano, Texas, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Cody started studying at Texas A&M University in 2006 and graduated from there with a degree in Bachelor of Business Administration specializing in Finance & Real Estate in 2010.
- Siblings – He has 2 younger brothers.
Cody is represented by Tyler Toney’s father Jeff Toney.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cody has dated –
- Allison Jones (2016-Present) – Cody married his long-time girlfriend Allison in June 2016. The couple had their first child a girl named Landry Jones and a second child also a girl named Lucy Jones (b. July 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall physique
- Short sides medium length hair in the center
- Thick eyebrows
Cody has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Garmin Ltd.
- Black Mountain Outfitters Inc.
- Bass Pro Shops
- MTN OPS
Best Known For
- Being a founding member of the sports and entertainment brand Dude Perfect alongside YouTubers Coby Cotton, Cory Cotton, Garrett Hilbert, and Tyler Toney
- Being a master at trick shots
- Setting several Guinness World Records such as the “Farthest basketball shot made while sitting on the court” 16.79 m (55 ft 1 in), “Farthest behind-the-back basketball shot” 10.92 m (35 ft 10 in), “Longest basketball shot blindfolded” (21.64 m (71 ft)) and the “Most basketball three-pointers made by a pair in one minute” which he shares with Coby Cotton
First TV Show
Cody made his debut TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ on Somebody’s Gotta Do It in 2015.
Cody leads a pretty active lifestyle going hunting, trekking, and playing sports such as basketball and football. This, in turn, helps him keep fit and healthy. Due to his height, activities such as outdoor sports are indeed necessary to aid in the strengthening of his muscles and bones.
Cody Jones Facts
- He was born to a family of religious virtue in Plano, Texas. His parents would take him to church almost every Sunday.
- Growing up, he enjoyed playing football, basketball, and Roller in-line hockey with his 2 younger brothers.
- Cody was on his high school basketball team. He had helped his team win several tournaments including the 2005-2006 Class 5A State Championship.
- His religious beliefs started to fade away by the time he had come to the end of high school. Just like most teenagers, Cody had also started to take an interest in girls and basketball. However, after he joined college, he found faith in religion once again.
- He met the twins Coby and Cory Cotton first while they were playing basketball at Texas A&M University’s recreation center. Later, he was introduced to Garrett and Tyler who lived at the same place as Coby and Cory.
- Cody had initially started off working in real estate. However, given the fact that the 5 of them had started the channel Dude Perfect in 2009, he shifted his focus to helping his partners do great things with their talent and entertain the world.
- The very first video that was uploaded to the channel was titled “Backyard Edition”. It featured the guys making complex shots with the basketball while betting on sandwiches.
- He and the other 4 Dude Perfect members have collaborated with some of the most well-known names like actor Paul Rudd, singer Tim McGraw, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and quarterback Russell Wilson, Ryan Swope, volleyball star Morgan Beck, and many more.
- In the group, he is referred to as the “The Tall Guy”. They named him that because he is the tallest of them all and also considered to be the loudest.
- Little know this but Cody is not very good at playing video games.
- Besides making videos with his friends, Cody also loves to go big game hunting, traveling, fishing, golfing, trekking, cooking and spending time with his children and wife.
- Visit Dude Perfect’s official site @ www.dudeperfect.com.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
- Follow Dude Perfect on YouTube, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Cody Jones / Instagram