|Colin Morgan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1986|
|Eye Color||Gunmetal Blue|
Colin Morgan is an Irish-British actor best known for playing the title character in the BBC fantasy drama called Merlin for which he won the National Television award in the category of “Best Drama Performance: Male” in 2013.
Armagh, Northern Ireland
London, England, United Kingdom
Colin completed his high school education from Integrated College Dungannon.
He acquired a national diploma in performing arts from the Belfast Institute of Further and Higher Education in 2004. It honored him in 2010 with an Award of Distinction for his contribution to the Arts.
To hone his acting skills, Colin enrolled in Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in Glasgow where he caught the attention of director Rufus Norris.
Actor, Voice-Over Artist
- Father – Bernard Morgan (Painter, Decorator)
- Mother – Bernadette aka Bernie (Nurse)
- Siblings – Neil Morgan (Older Brother) (Actor, Funeral Director)
Colin is represented by Ruth Young, United Agents, London, United Kingdom.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin Morgan is represented by –
- Katie McGrath (2010) – Colin met fellow Irish actress Katie McGrath on the sets of fantasy drama Merlin in 2008. They were believed to have started dating in 2010 but it is not true. They were even rumored to have got engaged in October 2016. But, this news was also rejected by both of them.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish ancestry.
- Protruding Ears
- Tall height
- He has done voiceover work for commercials created for brands such as Nike, Hovis, and Heinz.
- He also lent his voice to the video game Merlin: The Game in 2012.
Colin Morgan Favorite Things
- Actor – Sean Penn
- Director – Tim Burton
- Episode Of Merlin TV Show – The Last Dragon Lord (Season 2 Finale)
- Music Genre – Indie Rock
- Band – Death Cab for Cutie, Stars, Helio Sequence
- Author – Terry Pratchett
- Playwright – Martin McDonagh
- Poet – Seamus Heaney
Colin Morgan Facts
- He grew up in the middle of an active Northern Ireland conflict and once had to evacuate his home as a boy due to a pipe bomb in the house next door.
- Colin was a part of amateur local productions of Cinderella and Peter Pan at the age of 5 and since then only wanted to work as an actor when he grew up.
- Rufus Norris offered Colin the title role in Vernon God Little in the London West End Theatrical production while he was attending the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Morgan was still left to complete the last quarter of his course but decided to quit it to make his professional stage debut. His performance in Vernon God Little eventually contributed to the assessment for his final grade.
- Since his local school offered no drama courses, he used to take an 80-minute bus commute each way to travel to Belfast daily where he first started studying acting.
- The actor is lactose intolerant and allergic to tomatoes. As such, he consumes a vegetarian diet. Due to food restrictions, he prefers to shop for food at local farmers’ markets and cook them by himself which has made him a very proficient cook.
- For physical fitness, he practices yoga and is a competent swimmer.
- Colin has a BAF 1 Star Stage Combat Certificate which is a specialized stage fight choreography in theatre that only creates the illusion of violence without causing harm to the performers.
- He likes to drink herbal tea or green tea and to reminisce in the memories of his Irish hometown, he often travels with the Irish tea brand, Barry’s.
- Morgan learned to play the Irish drum called Bodhrán in the past.
- He can deliver dialogues in his native Northern Irish accent, RP English (British / BBC English) and American English.
- Colin is extremely critical of the celebrity culture and firmly stays away from engaging in social media promotions.
Featured Image by MacchinaFotografica / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0