|Connie Francis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 12, 1937|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Connie Francis is an American pop singer and former actress who became the top-charting female vocalist of the late 1950s and early 1960s. She has had many thousands of international releases and some of her work includes albums, EPs, and tracks such as Who’s Sorry Now?, My Thanks To You, Christmas in My Heart, Movie Greats Of The 60s, Stupid Cupid, You Always Hurt the One You Love, A Girl in Love, Ich komm’ nie mehr von dir los, Havah Negilah, Tu’ mir nicht weh, and Connie Francis en El Patio.
Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero
Connie Francis, Queenie, The Queen of Song
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Connie Francis studied at Newark Arts High School from 1951 to 1952. Later, her family shifted to Belleville, New Jersey, and she got enrolled at Belleville High School, from where she graduated as salutatorian in the class of 1955.
- Father – George J. Franconero
- Mother – Ida (née Ferrari-di Vito) Franconero
- Siblings– George Franconero, Jr. (Younger Brother)
- Others – Frank Franconero (Paternal Grandfather), Marie R. Papendrea (Paternal Grandmother)
Traditional Pop, Rock and Roll, Country Pop, Vocal Jazz
MGM Records, Polydor, GSF Records, Ivanhoe Records, United Artists, Malaco, Herzklang, Legacy Recordings, Carlton Music, Concetta Records
5 ft 1½ in or 156 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Connie Francis has dated –
- Bobby Darin – She was romantically involved with Bobby Darin, a singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, impressionist, and actor in film and television, in the past. However, her strict Italian father was against their relationship and after Darin had suggested the two elope after one of her shows, her father ran Darin out of the building at gunpoint, telling him never to see his daughter again. She has revealed that not marrying Darin was the biggest mistake of her life.
- Dick Kanellis (1963-1964) – In 1963, she started going out with Dick Kanellis, a press agent and entertainment director for the Aladdin Hotel. The duo married the following year but soon divorced within a few months in 1964.
- Izzy Marion (1970-1972) – She began dating hair-salon owner Izzy Marion in 1970 and they got married in January 1971. However, they divorced soon after.
- Joseph Garzilli (1971-1977) – She became romantically involved with restaurateur and travel-agency owner Joseph Garzilli in September 1971 and they married in 1973. They adopted a son named Joseph Garzilli Jr. (b. 1974). Like her two previous marriages, this also ended in divorce in 1977.
- Bob Parkinson (1984-1986) – She married TV producer Bob Parkinson in 1985 after dating him for a while. They divorced soon after.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent.
She has appeared in a TV commercial for K-Mart Stores.
Connie Francis Facts
- Owing to her upbringing in an Italian-Jewish neighborhood, she is fluent in Yiddish and has recorded songs in Yiddish and Hebrew.
- She released her first studio album, Who’s Sorry Now?, in April 1958.
- Alongside Dolores Hart, Paula Prentiss, George Hamilton, Yvette Mimieux, Jim Hutton, and Frank Gorshin, Connie Francis co-starred as Angie in the 1960 CinemaScope comedy film, Where the Boys Are.
- In 1984, she released her autobiography titled Who’s Sorry Now?.
- She has revealed that it was her father who encouraged her to appear regularly at talent contests, pageants, and other neighborhood festivities.
- Connie Francis has been friends with Kaye Stevens and Neil Sedaka.
- She received a star on the Italian Walk of Fame in Toronto, Canada in 2009.
Featured Image by ABC Television / eBay / Public Domain