|Cory Michael Smith Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1986|
Cory Michael Smith is an American actor who is mainly known for portraying important roles in popular TV shows and films such as Gotham and Camp X-Ray. His stupendous roles in TV shows and movies have taken his fame to a new level. He is popular on social media where he has more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Cory Michael Smith
Columbus, Ohio, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Cory attended Hilliard Darby High School and graduated in 2005. Then, he went to Otterbein University and acquired a degree with a major & minor in art musical theatre and jazz piano.
- Father – David R. Smith
- Mother – Theresa (Fagan) Smith
- Siblings – Chad Smith (Older Brother)
- Others – Richard J. Fagan (Maternal Grandfather), Janice A. Buckingham (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Circle of Confusion, Llc. (Talent Management Company), Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft 0.5 in or 184 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Cory has dated –
- Emilia Clarke (2014) – Cory and British actress Emilia Clarke were rumored to be dating in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Irish ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘Black’.
- Often wears spectacles
- Tall height
Best Known For
- Playing various roles such as Edward Nygma in the Fox drama TV series Gotham and Bergen in the drama film Camp X-Ray (2014)
- Portraying the roles of Fred (the narrator) in 2013 in Breakfast at Tiffany’s on Broadway, which starred Emilia Clarke
He made his theatrical film debut as Pvt.Bergen in the war drama film Camp X-Ray in 2014.
First Web Show
He made his first web show appearance on The Broadway.com Show in 2013.
First TV Show
Cory made his first TV show appearance as Edward Nygma / The Riddler on the drama series Gotham in September 2014.
Cory Michael Smith Facts
- He wanted to become a lawyer and then a pianist before he decided to go for acting.
- During his senior year of college, he worked as an intern in a casting office.
- Smith relocated from Columbus, Ohio to New York City at the age of 22.
- Cory thought about dropping out of art musical theatre for philosophy or pre-law.
- He was critically acclaimed for his role of Fred (the narrator) in a 2013 Cort Theatre production of Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Cory came out as a queer in March 2018.
- He served as an executive producer of the film 1985.
- He has a pet dog named Charlie.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0