|Courtney Vandersloot Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1989|
Courtney Vandersloot is an American professional basketball player who has represented Chicago Sky, after first getting drafted in 2011, in the WNBA (Women’s National Basketball Association). In her debut season (2011), she was named not just in the WNBA ‘All-Rookie Team’ but also in the WNBA ‘All-Star Team’. She repeated the latter feat in 2019. She led the league in terms of assists in 2014, 2017, 2018, and 2019; and as of May 2020, she held the all-time WNBA records for ‘Most Assists in a Season’ (300), ‘Highest Assists-per-game in a Season’ (9.1), and ‘Highest Career Assists-per-game’ (6.2). During the WNBA off-season, she has represented clubs around the world such as Beşiktaş (2011–2014, 2015–2016) in Turkey, Wisla Can Pack (2014–2015) in Poland, Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi (2016–2018) in Turkey, and UMMC Ekaterinburg (2018–Present) in Russia. With Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi, she won the Turkish National League Championship in 2017 and was named the tournament’s ‘MVP’ (Most Valuable Player).
Kent, King County, Washington, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Courtney graduated from the Kentwood High School in Covington, Washington in 2007. The same year, she joined the Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington and graduated from there in 2011.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Bill Vandersloot
- Mother – Jan Vandersloot
- Others – Pat Quigley (Father-in-Law) (d. 1993), Christine Quigley (Mother-in-Law), Sam Quigley (Sister-in-Law), Jacob “Jake” Quigley (Brother-in-Law), Ryan Quigley (Brother-in-Law)
She is represented by Wasserman Media Group, Los Angeles, California, United States.
22 – Chicago Sky
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Courtney has dated –
- Allie Quigley (2018–Present) – Courtney got married to her Chicago Sky teammate Allie Quigley on December 27, 2018, in a ceremony in Seattle.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
Courtney Vandersloot Favorite Things
- Basketball Players/Role Models – Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Ticha Penicheiro
- Pet – Dogs
- Hobby/Interest – Watching Movies
- Reality TV Series – Jersey Shore
- Movie – A Cinderella Story (2004)
- Song – Don’t Matter (2006) by Akon
- City – Washington, D.C.
Source – Facebook
Courtney Vandersloot Facts
- Courtney was interested in basketball from a very young age and while she was in the 3rd grade, she had written a school paper about her dreams of playing in the WNBA.
- During her college career, representing Gonzaga University, she was named the West Coast Conference (WCC) ‘Player of the Year’ for 3 years in succession, 2009, 2010, and 2011. In each of those 3 years, she was named the West Coast Conference Women’s Basketball Tournament ‘MVP’ (Most Valuable Player).
- In the freshman year of her college career (2008), she won the WCC ‘Newcomer of the Year’ award. In her senior year (2011), she won the ‘Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award’ for being the best NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division I women’s player no taller than 5’8″ as well as the ‘Nancy Lieberman Award’ for being the best player at her position in Division I women’s basketball.
- She was the first-ever player at the NCAA Division I level, of either gender, to record 2,000 points and 1,000 assists.
Featured Image by Courtney Vandersloot / Instagram