|Damian Priest Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1982|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Damian Priest is an American professional wrestler who is best known for his stints with ROH (Ring of Honor) (2015-2018) and the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.) (2018-Present). At the latter promotion, he is also a member of a stable (a team of 3 or more wrestlers who generally share common motives, allies, and adversaries within a storyline) called The Judgment Day. As of April 2023, Damian had won the Ring of Honor World Television Championship (once), the Ring of Honor ‘Survival of the Fittest’ tournament (2017), the WWE United States Championship (once), and the WWE NXT North American Championship (once).
Damian Priest, Damian Martínez, Punisher Martínez, The Punishment, Castigador Caribeño (Caribbean Punisher), The Archer of Infamy
New York City, New York, United States
- Father – His father was a renowned martial artist.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
110 kg or 242.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, shoulder-length hair
- Often sports a stubble
- Has both his hands and his upper chest covered in tattoos
Damian Priest Facts
- Born to Nuyorican parents in New York City, Damian moved to Puerto Rico with his family when he was quite young. Nuyorican is a portmanteau of the terms ‘Nueva York’ (the Spanish name for New York) and Puerto Rican. It refers to the members of the Puerto Rican community (or their descendants) who live in or around New York City.
- In Puerto Rico, he was raised in Dorado, a town and municipality on the northern coast of the island. While growing up there, Damian used to watch a lot of matches of the WWC (World Wrestling Council, a Puerto Rican professional wrestling promotion) on TV and this inspired him to pursue a career as a wrestler.
- In his developmental years, he learned Gōjū-ryū (‘hard-soft style’) – one of the main traditional styles of Karate, a martial art that originated in The Ryukyu Islands (a chain of Japanese islands) – from his father who was a martial artist. Damian went on to win 2 national championships in full-contact martial arts.
- He returned to the mainland United States in the early 2000s and trained at the Monster Factory, a professional wrestling school located in Paulsboro, New Jersey. Founded in 1983, it is considered to be the first publicly available professional wrestling school.
- Damian went on to join the school’s promotion called MFPW (Monster Factory Pro Wrestling) and won several titles there – the MFPW Heavyweight Championship (thrice), the MFPW Tag Team Championship (twice), and the MFPW Invitational in 2016.
- In 2014, he attended a training camp organized by Ring of Honor (an American professional wrestling promotion based in Jacksonville, Florida) and made his first appearance at a Ring of Honor show in 2015 – under his real name, Luis Martínez.
- In 2021, Damian was ranked 85th in the PWI 500, an annual list of the 500 best professional wrestlers in the world, published by Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine.
- He is a melophile and loves heavy metal – a genre of rock music that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s, largely in the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Damian is also a keen collector of hand-to-hand combat weapons.
Featured Image by Damian Priest / Instagram