|Dan Evans Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 23, 1990|
Dan Evans is a British professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport. He had broken into the ‘Top 30’ of the official ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) singles rankings in February 2021 and had reached the 4th round of the singles event at the 2017 Australian Open. He had broken into the ‘Top 100’ of the doubles rankings in April 2021 and had reached the 3rd round of the doubles event at the 2016 US Open. He was a part of the British squad that had won the prestigious Davis Cup in 2015, the nation’s first triumph at the tournament in 79 years. More than a decade before this, he was a member of the British team that had won the World Junior Tennis title, in 2004.
Birmingham, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – David Evans (Electrician)
- Mother – Bernadette Evans (Nurse)
- Siblings – Clare Evans (Older Sister), Laura Evans (Older Sister)
Right-Handed (One-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dan has dated –
- Aleah (2017-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
- Has a tattoo on his left forearm
Dan has been sponsored by –
- Wilson Sporting Goods
- Luke (British clothing company)
Dan Evans Favorite Things
- Tennis Surface – Hard
- Tennis Shot – Sliced Backhand
- Tennis Tournament/Event – Davis Cup
- Tennis Role Models/Idols – Pete Sampras, Tim Henman
Source – ATP
Dan Evans Facts
- Dan’s father had introduced him to the sport of squash at the age of 7. He then began practicing the same at the West Warwickshire Sports Club, a squash and tennis club in Solihull, Warwickshire. About a couple of years later, he realized that he was more in love with tennis than squash.
- When he was 10 years old, he had switched to the Edgbaston Priory Club, a private members’ tennis, squash, and leisure club in Birmingham, for further training in tennis. 3 years later, he had started training at the LTA‘s (Lawn Tennis Association, the national governing body of tennis in Great Britain) academy at Loughborough University. For this, he had left home and stayed temporarily with another family in Loughborough.
- In April 2017, he was banned from playing professional tennis for a year after he was tested positive for cocaine. He had later revealed that he had taken a small amount of cocaine out of competition but some permitted medication that he was taking had become contaminated with the leftover cocaine that he had accidentally put in the pocket of his washbag. This had eventually resulted in him getting tested positive in competition.
- Having already played professional tennis for more than a decade and a half, 2021 turned out to be his breakthrough year of sorts. He won his first singles title on the ATP Tour in February, the Murray River Open in Melbourne.
- He is an ardent supporter of the English soccer club Aston Villa F.C.
Featured Image by Dan Evans / Instagram