D’Angelo Danté Russell
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
New York City, New York, United States
D’Angelo Russell went to the Central High School in his hometown. However, for his sophomore year, he moved to Montverde Academy in Montverde, Florida.
After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the Ohio State University, where he studied only for a year before entering the NBA draft in April 2015.
Professional basketball player
- Father – Antonio Russell
- Mother – Keisha Rowe
- Siblings – Antonio Russell (Older Brother), Lashaun Russell (Older Brother), Tayshaun Russell (Brother), and Cloee Russell (Sister)
D’Angelo Russell is represented by Aaron Mintz.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
D’Angelo Russell has dated
- Niki Withers (2016) – D’Angelo started dating USC volleyball athlete Niki Withers at the start of summer 2016. They made their relationship public by sharing tons of pictures together on their social media accounts. However, they broke up in July 2016 after going on a trip to Asia. While on the trip, they realized that they were drifting apart. But, about two weeks after their separation, they went out on a dinner date and sorted out their differences. They decided to give their relationship another shot and reconciled publicly by reposting their pictures. However, they broke up for good in September 2016 after he was caught sneaking out of a nightclub in West Hollywood with TV presenter Jennifer Leon. Ever since then, they have been exchanging subtle and not-so-subtle barbs on social media.
- Jennifer Leon (2016) – Russell was rumored to be having an affair with TV host Jennifer Leon in September 2016 after they were pictured leaving a nightclub in an Uber taxi. The pictures and video of their fun night-out together were later leaked on the gossip website Terez Owens.
- Janay Bankston (2016-Present) – Russell was first pictured with Instagram model Janay Bankston, who was a volleyball player at the Cal State Stanislaus, in August 2016, at the War Dogs movie premiere in Los Angeles. However, their relationship didn’t take off until the end of the year. By the start of 2017, they became open and vocal about their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall height
- Athletic body
- Signature ice in my veins celebration
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
D’Angelo Russell has appeared in the following TV commercials
- Gatorade (2016)
- NBA 2K18 (2017)
- Panini Trading Cards (2015)
- Foot Locker (2016)
Best Known For
- Being one of the most promising young players in the NBA
- Having turned out for the NBA giants Los Angeles Lakers for two years from 2015 to 2017
First Basketball Match
In October 2015, he made his professional NBA debut in the season opener against Minnesota Timberwolves. They went on to lose the match by a single point.
D’Angelo hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till 2017.
First TV Show
In 2015, he made his first TV show appearance in the Ohio to L.A. With D’Angelo Russell episode of morning talk show, Mike & Mike.
D’Angelo follows a dedicated workout routine to keep himself fit and remain prepared for his games. And, he doesn’t mind taking his dedication to extreme levels, which includes working out in the gym at the stroke of midnight. He also loves to take his workout to the beach.
D’Angelo Russell Favorite Things
- Soccer Team – Manchester United
- Soccer Player – Gareth Bale
- Childhood Video Game – Mario Kart
Source – NBA
D’Angelo Russell Facts
- During his one-year stint with Ohio State Buckeyes, he served up an impressive performance, which helped him win the Oscar Robertson Trophy, Wayman Tisdale Award, and Jerry West Award.
- At the end of his one-year long college career, he was included in the Consensus All-American First-Team and was declared Big Ten Freshman of the Year.
- The Los Angeles Lakers picked him as the second overall pick in the NBA draft held in June 2015.
- In June 2017, he signed up with the Brooklyn Nets after his previous franchise agreed to include him in an elaborate exchange.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Keith Allison / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0