|Daniil Kvyat Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1994|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Daniil Kvyat is a Russian professional racing driver who has participated in the premier Formula One tier as both a development driver and a competitive one. In 2015, his first full season with the Red Bull Racing team, he scored his first podium finish at the Hungarian Grand Prix and finished the season in a creditable 7th place in the overall drivers’ standings. Before joining F1 in 2013, he had excelled at several intermediate tiers winning the 2013 GP3 Series and the 2012 Formula Renault 2.0 Alps championship.
Daniil Vyacheslavovich Kvyat
Ufa, Bashkortostan, Russia
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Vyacheslav Kvyat (Financial Executive at an Energy Company, Politician)
- Mother – Zulfiya Kvyat
Formula One Teams
Daniil has raced for –
- Scuderia Toro Rosso (2013) (Test Driver)
- Scuderia Toro Rosso (2014)
- Red Bull Racing (2015-2016)
- Scuderia Toro Rosso (2016-2017)
- Scuderia Ferrari (2018) (Development Driver)
- Scuderia Toro Rosso (2019)
- AlphaTauri-Honda (2020-Present)
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniil has dated –
- Kelly Piquet (2016-2019) – Daniil started dating PR agent Kelly Piquet, the daughter of 3-time F1 World Champion Nelson Piquet, in August 2016. The couple has a daughter together named Penelope (b. July 27, 2019). They reportedly split in November 2019 and she removed all their joint pictures from her Instagram account.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Russian descent.
- Short-cropped hair
- Lean physique
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Has moles on his neck
Daniil Kvyat Favorite Things
- Sports – Motorsport Racing, Table Tennis, Soccer, Wakeboarding, Skiing, Boxing
- Music Genre – Heavy Metal
- F1 Racer/Role Model – Michael Schumacher
- Hobbies/Interests – Fitness Training, Traveling, Reading
- Cities – Moscow, Rome, Budapest, Monte Carlo, Rio de Janeiro
- Cuisine – Russian, Italian, Japanese
- Car Brands – Porsche, Ferrari
Source – Wikipedia, kvyat.com
Daniil Kvyat Facts
- Daniil’s family had moved to Moscow, where he discovered his passion for kart racing, from Ufa when he was 6 years old. A polyglot, he is fluent in Russian, Italian, Spanish, and English languages. He can also speak a bit of Finnish and Dutch.
- Daniil had finished as a runner-up at the 2012 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 championship and the 2011 Formula Renault 2.0 NEC championship. He also stood 3rd in the 2011 Formula Renault UK Finals Series as well as the 2011 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 series.
- Until November 2015, he did not have a driving license in his native Russia despite possessing an FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile) Super Licence.
- He had started the 2016 F1 season brightly with Red Bull Racing, finishing 7th at the Bahrain Grand Prix and earning his career’s 2nd podium finish in the very next race, at the Chinese Grand Prix. However, after a controversial collision at the subsequent race, his home race in Sochi (Russian Grand Prix), he was immediately demoted to Red Bull Racing‘s junior/sister team Scuderia Toro Rosso for the remainder of the season.
- When he finished 3rd at the 2019 German Grand Prix, it was not just his F1 career’s 3rd podium finish. It was also only the 2nd time that Scuderia Toro Rosso had finished on the podium after their win at the 2008 Italian Grand Prix with Sebastian Vettel.
Featured Image by Daniil Kvyat / Instagram