|Joe Keery Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1992|
Joseph David Keery
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
He lives in the Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago.
Joe Keery went to the Newburyport High School.
He then got enrolled at The Theatre School at DePaul University and graduated in 2014.
Actor and musician
- Father – Thomas Keery
- Siblings – He has 3 younger sisters and 1 older sister. Two of his younger sisters – Emma and Kate are twins.
- Others – Thomas David Keery (Paternal Grandfather), Constance FitzGerald (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Barger (Maternal Grandfather), Susan Rae Haney Rust (Maternal Grandmother)
Joe Keery is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
Heavy Psych Pop, rock
Vocals, drums, and guitar
Unsigned (His music band Post Animal has released their music on their own.)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Keery has dated
- Emily Schexnayder – Going by his Instagram feed, he seems to be in a relationship with a girl named Emily Schexnayder, who also happens to be an actress. He was first rumored to be with her in December 2016 after he uploaded a screenshot of his phone’s screen in an Instagram post, which had Emily’s picture as a wallpaper. Although they haven’t officially revealed that they are dating, the nature of their pictures on social media hints at the possibility. She also regularly posts their pictures and sometimes, opts to post his solo pictures as well, such as this one, in which she compares him to 60’s English French music star.
- Maika Monroe (2017-Present) – In 2017, actors Maika Monroe and Joe commenced dating each other. They have also been seen on-screen in the 2018 comedy-drama film Shotgun.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Irish ancestry.
- Long hairdo
- Boy next door appearance
Joe has been cast in the TV commercials for
- Nintendo Amibo (2014)
- Domino’s Pizza (2017). The advert was inspired by John’s scene from Hughes’ 80’s classic movie, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
- Taco Bell (in December 2020, alongside Sarah Hyland)
Best Known For
- Being cast in the supporting role of Steve Harrington in the sci-fi horror series, Stranger Things.
- Having made guest appearances on popular shows such as Empire and Chicago Fire.
In December 2015, his music band Post Animal released their debut studio album, Perform the Most Curious Water Activities.
As a solo artist, he has released a couple of singles such as Slowbro and I’m Not Smart.
In 2015, Joe made his film debut in a minor role in the drama film, Henry Gamble’s Birthday Party.
First TV Show
In 2015, Joe made his first TV show appearance in an episode of comedy TV series, Sirens.
Joe regularly hits the gym to keep his fitness level up. In the gym, he prefers to lift weights.
For cardio, he relies on running, which has become an essential part of the daily routine. He is also a big fan of exercise bands and his love for this exercise accessory is particularly fueled by the fact that you can easily carry bands around while traveling.
Joe Keery Favorite Things
- Chicago Bar – Ten Cat Tavern
- Chicago Gym – Brooklyn Boulders Chicago
- Chicago Cafe – Osmium Coffee Bar
- Pokémon – Golduck
- Spirit Animal – Moose
- Travel Bucket List Destination – Great Wall of China
Source – ChicagoSplash.com, Coup de Main Magazine
Joe Keery Facts
- To make sure that his preparations for the role of Steve Harrington for Stranger Things were absolutely perfect, he took professional swimming training, which involved learning different strokes.
- He started playing music and performing while he was studying in 8th grade in middle school. He had a bunch of friends who started playing music with him almost at the same time.
- Till 2015, he used to play drums for Post Animal but after their guitarist moved to New York City for the summers, he decided to become a guitarist and got a friend of his to play drums.
- While growing up, he played hockey for about eight and a half years.
- He got into acting while studying in high school. He had started performing on his sister’s insistence.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0