|Mischa Barton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1986|
Mischa Barton is an English-American film, television, and stage actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Marissa Cooper in The O.C., Sonja Stone in The Beautiful Life, and Katie Singer in Once and Again. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Hills: New Beginnings, Recovery Road, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Cyberstalker, KaBlam!, All My Children, Lawn Dogs, Notting Hill, Skipped Parts, Lost and Delirious, The Oh in Ohio, Closing the Ring, You and I, Into the Dark, Starcrossed, Mining for Ruby, Painkillers, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like Twelve Dreams, Steel Magnolias, and One Flea Spare. For her acting skills, Mischa has been honored with numerous awards such as the Teen Choice Award.
Mischa Anne Marsden Barton
Hammersmith, London, UK
She went to St. Paul’s Girls’ School in Hammersmith, England for a short time.
In 2004, she graduated from Professional Children’s School in Manhattan.
From June to July 2006, she did an acting course called Acting Shakespeare at The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
Actress, occasional fashion model, fashion designer
- Father – Paul Marsden Barton (Foreign exchange broker from Manchester)
- Mother – Nuala (née Quinn), (Photographer)
- Siblings – Hania (Younger Sister), Zoe (Older Sister) (Barrister based in London)
Her mom is her manager.
As a kid, she did modeling and was signed to Ford Modeling Agency along with Lindsay Lohan.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mischa Barton dated –
- Brandon Davis (2004-2005) – From February 2004 to July 2005, Mischa dated American socialite, Brandon Davis (grandson of billionaire Marvin Davis).
- Cisco Adler (2005-2007) – She then dated Whitestarr frontman, Cisco Alder from September 2005 to February 2007.
- Jamie Dornan (2007) – When Mischa visited London for a short time, she went on several dates with Irish actor, Jamie Dornan around March-April 2007.
- Brandon Silverfield (2007) – She dated American magician, Brandon Silverfield around June-July 2007 when the two met on Brandon’s Las Vegas magic show. She had a special guest appearance on the show.
- Taylor Locke (2007-2008) – Musician Taylor and Barton dated ON and OFF for almost a year from December 2007 to September 2008. They met when Taylor’s band named “Rooney” appeared on The O.C.
- Brett Simon (2008) – In January-February 2008, film director Brett and Mischa were RUMORed to be dating, when they worked on the same movie Assassination of a High School President. The RUMORs were proved to be false as she was dating Taylor Locke at that time.
- Luke Pritchard (2008-2009) – Barton dated ON and OFF with The Kooks’ lead singer, Luke Pritchard from January 2008 to March 2009.
- Josh Hartnett (2008) – In September 2008, she was RUMORed to be dating actor Josh Hartnett when the two were spotted at the same party in London. However, the rumors later proved to be wrong.
- Ali Love (2010-2012) – English DJ Ali Love and Mischa were romantically linked to each other from July 2010 to 2012.
- Sebastian Knapp (2012-2013) – Barton and actor Knapp dated from May 2012 to July 2013.
- Alan Cappelli Goetz (2014) – Italian actor, Alan Cappelli Goetz and Mischa hooked up in March 2014. They were seen kissing and walking in Rome. The short-lived relationship was never confirmed.
- Andrea Iervolino (2014) – Mischa then had an encounter with Italian film producer and businessman, Andrea Iervolino in March 2014.
- James Abercrombie (2017-2019, 2019-Present) – In 2017, she started dating the Australian model, James Abercrombie after meeting him at a Los Angeles party. The relationship was confirmed in June 2017 by Bucknall Management. Former Victorian Liberal Party treasurer Andrew Abercrombie is James’s father. His net worth was $574 million in 2016. They got separated in July 2019. Later, in October 2019, the couple was again found together while shopping in Los Angeles.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry on her mom’s side and English ancestry on her father’s side.
She has naturally brown hair but dyes them blonde.
- Hippie headbands
- Often wears big earrings
- Deep, sexy voice
- High cheekbones
- Tall Physique
- British, American, and Irish citizenship
Barton appeared in print ads for Calvin Klein (1997-1998), Gitano Jeans (1998-1999), Lay’s Potato Chips (1998-1999), Inspired Creations jewelry, etc.
She has also done some TV commercials about Neutrogena (2003-Present), Aéropostale clothing (2004), JC clothes store (2005), Keds sneakers (2004-Present), Bebe clothing brand (2005-Present), Accessorize jewelry and accessories (2005), etc.
Best Known For
Playing Marissa Cooper in Fox’s teen drama TV series The O.C. from 2003 to 2006. She appeared in a total of 76 episodes.
In 1995, Mischa appeared in the short film Polio Water for her role as Diane.
First TV Show
In 1995, she appeared in ABC’s TV soap opera All My Children to play the role as Lily Montgomery in just 1 episode.
She attends Reebok and Cirque du Soleil’s Jukari classes to remain in shape. She does the flying acrobatics and finds it challenging as one needs to spin while on the Fly Set.
Mischa Barton Favorite Things
- Author – William Shakespeare, George Orwell
- Book – A Confederacy of Dunces (By John Kennedy Toole)
- Movies – Say Anything… (1989), Almost Famous (2000), The Godfather (1972) and The Graduate (1967)
- City – Paris
Source – IMDb
Mischa Barton Facts
- Mischa’s maternal grandfather was a professor at the University of Belfast of Gaelic language.
- She relocated to New York City, USA at the age of six with her family due to her father’s work.
- She is an English-Irish girl, who grew up in New York, United States.
- She has English, Irish and American citizenship.
- Barton has a pet cat named Angelo.
- She is best friends with Rachel Bilson.
- She has been featured in the music videos of songs like Enrique Iglesias‘s Addicted, James Blunt‘s Goodbye My Lover, and Deap Vally’s Turn It Off.
- Hugh Grant and Barton were born in the same hospital.
- In the past, Mischa has served as spokesperson for Climate Star, which is an organization that fights global warming.
- She was announced as a spokesperson for the “SAFE (Skin Awareness for Everyone)” campaign in 2006.
- Visit her official website @ mischabartonofficial.com.