Enrique Miguel Iglesias Preysler
Quique, “E”, Kike, EI, Super Nova, The King of Latin Pop, The King of Dance
Iglesias attended Gulliver Preparatory School in Miami, Florida. He dropped out of the college to focus completely on his music career.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, actor
- Father – Julio Iglesias (Singer)
- Mother – Isabel Preysler (Socialite and magazine journalist)
- Siblings – Chabeli Iglesias (Older Sister) (Journalist), Julio Iglesias, Jr. (Older Brother) (Singer), Rodrigo Iglesias (Half-brother), Guillermo Iglesias (Half-brother), Miguel Iglesias (Half-brother), Victoria Iglesias (Half-sister), Cristina Iglesias (Half-sister)
- Others – Dr. Julio Iglesias Puga (Grandfather) (Gynecologist)
There is a two year age difference between Enrique and Julio, and then between Julio and Chabeli.
Pop, Latin, dance-pop
- Fonovisa (1994–1998)
- Interscope (1999–2010)
- Universal Music Latino
- Universal Republic
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
84 kg or 185 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Enrique Iglesias dated –
- Celines Toribio – Enrique previously dated Dominican television personality Celines Toribio.
- Sofía Vergara – Enrique then dated Colombian actress, Sofia Vergara.
- Samantha Torres (1997) – Playboy model (from Spain) Samantha Torres dated fellow singer in the year 1997.
- Christina Aguilera (1998) – Enrique and American singer Christina Aguilera had a fling in September 1998. Their relationship grew when they did a stage performance together in NYC. They were seen lip-locking multiple times after that. But, their bonding didn’t progress.
- Shannon Elizabeth (2000-2001) – RUMOR
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (2001) – They worked together on a video “Hero” and were RUMORed to have had a fling in 2001.
- Cynthia Kirchner (2001) – American model, Cynthia Kirchner was RUMORed to have had a fling in 2001 with singer Enrique.
- Anna Kournikova (2001-Present) – Enrique is romantically linked to the Russian tennis player, Anna Kournikova since December 2001. They started dating when Anna was featured in Enrique’s music video “Escape” in 2001. After dating for almost 12 years, the rumors of their separation appeared in October 2013. During this time, the rumors of their secret marriage also flooded the tabloids and internet. They are still dating each other and going strong. In December 2017, Anna and Enrique welcomed twins, Nicholas and Lucy. In January 2020, the couple had their third child, daughter Mary.
- Yamila Diaz (2002) – Argentinian model, Yamila Diaz met Enrique during Sports Illustrated 2002 Fashion Show. She was the cover model and Enrique was performing in the show (which was broadcast on MTV). They were RUMORed to have had a fling in 2002.
- Emma Kearney (2004) – Irish actress Emma Kearney had a fling with Enrique in mid-2004, when they both met in a club in England.
- Camilla Belle (2013) – Enrique had a fling with American actress Camilla Belle in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Filipino ancestry on his mother’s side while he is of Spanish descent (as well as Jewish) on his father’s side.
Mole mark on his right cheek (removed in April 2003)
It was believed that the mole may cause cancer in the later stage of life. So, he had it removed via surgery.
Pepsi, Azzaro Pour Homme fragrance
He has appeared in several television commercials. The list is as follows –
- Doritos Salsa Chips in 2002
- Pepsi in January 2004
- Tommy Hilfiger fragrance named “Blue Star Men” since 2005
- AOL since 2004
- Blue Star Men fragrance in September 2005
He has also appeared in DKNY clothes’ print ads for many years, starting from 2002.
Best Known For
His singles such as Bailamos (1999), Rhythm Divine (1999), Be with You (1999), Hero (2001) and many others.
Enrique released his debut album titled Enrique Iglesias on November 21, 1995 via Fonovisa. It was certified as Platinum in U.S. and 3x Platinum in Spain. It peaked at #1 in US Billboard Top Latin Albums.
Enrique starred in his debut Hollywood action film Once Upon a Time in Mexico released in 2003 for his role as Lorenzo.
First TV Show
Iglesias made his TV debut in 1996 with the romantic drama TV series titled Marisol as a performer in 5 episodes.
He says he works out like once in a week. Though he has a good build, but he says he does not do much weight training. If he lifts a dumbbell and does 10 reps, he is done with it.
Enrique Iglesias Favorite Things
- Movie – Drive (2011)
- Song – Waiting For The End (By Linkin Park)
Source – TheDailyBeast.com, Idolator.com
Enrique Iglesias Facts
- He is the second cousin of Steven R. McQueen.
- His parents divorced in the year 1979.
- Iglesias has also lived with his mom in Belgrade (in Serbia) for a year.
- In 1999, he signed a deal with Universal Music Latino of unprecedented $48 million.
- In 2002 and 2003, he was included in the Truth Calendar. His picture was published in the “May” month’s column as his birthday falls in May.
- Enrique is not at all related to American actor, comedian, and producer, Gabriel Iglesias.
- He hosted the awards show Premios Juventud held in 2005.
- He was raised primarily by the family nanny.
- He does not speak the Tagalog language (though his mom is Filipino), but he does speak and is fluent in English and Spanish.
- To show to a record label his singing skills, Enrique recorded three demo songs (1 Spanish and 2 English) under the name “Enrique Martínez”. He did that without knowing his father and so also didn’t use the family’s surname.
- Enrique has two dogs named Lucas (of german shepherd breed) and Grammy (of golden retriever breed).
- In October 2018, Enrique claimed that his sex life with long-time partner Anna Kournikova had improved a lot after welcoming twins into their family in December 2017.
- Enrique suffers from a medical condition called ‘Situs inversus’ which is rare. In this, the positioning of the internal body organs is reversed as compared to the normal.
- He supports several charities including Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, City of Hope, Live Earth, and Music for Relief.