|Julio Iglesias Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1943|
Julio Iglesias is a Spanish singer, songwriter, and former professional soccer player who is widely acknowledged as one of the most commercially successful singers on the planet, having sold more than 100 million records around the world in 14 different languages. He has been awarded the ‘Gold Medal for Merit in the Fine Arts’ in Spain and the ‘Legion of Honour’ in France.
Julio José Iglesias de la Cueva
Miami, Florida, United States
He holds dual nationality.
Julio had studied law at the CEU San Pablo University, a private Catholic university in Madrid. After recovering from a near-fatal accident in the early 1960s, he had studied for 3 months at Bell Educational Trust‘s Language School in Cambridge, England.
Upon his return to Spain, he had completed his law degree from the Complutense University of Madrid.
Singer, Songwriter, Professional Soccer Player (Retired)
- Father – Julio Iglesias Puga (Doctor) (d. December 19, 2005)
- Mother – María del Rosario de la Cueva y de Perignat
- Siblings – Carlos Iglesias (Younger Brother)
- Others – Ronna Keith (Step-Mother), Jaime (Half-Brother), Ruth (Half-Sister), Ulpiano Iglesias Sarriá (Paternal Grandfather), Manuela Puga Noguerol (Paternal Grandmother), José de la Cueva y de Orejuela (Maternal Grandfather), Dolores Perignat y Ruiz de Benavides (Maternal Grandmother), Carlos Pérez de Tagle Preysler (Father-in-Law), María Beatriz Arrastia y Reynares (Mother-in-Law), Charisse Verhaert (Daughter-in-Law)
Latin, Latin Pop, Dance-Pop, Adult Contemporary
- Columbia Records
- Decca Records
- Philips Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Julio has dated –
- Pamella Bordes
- Ursula Andress
- Isabel Preysler (1971–1979) – Julio had married Filipina TV host of Spanish ancestry Isabel Preysler, a member of the aristocratic Pérez de Tagle family, on January 29, 1971. They have 3 children together – a daughter named Chábeli Iglesias (b. September 3, 1971) (Socialite) and 2 sons named Julio Iglesias, Jr. (b. February 25, 1973) (Singer) and Enrique Iglesias (b. May 8, 1975) (Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer). The couple had parted ways in 1979. Through Enrique, he has 3 grandchildren named Nicholas Iglesias, Lucy Iglesias, and Mary Iglesias.
- Giannina Facio (1980-1981)
- Priscilla Presley (1981)
- Angie Dickinson (1984-1986)
- Miranda Rijnsburger (1990-Present) – Julio had started dating Dutch model Miranda Rijnsburger, 22 years his junior, in 1990, and the couple got engaged in May 2004. They eventually got married on August 26, 2010, in a small church in Marbella, Spain. They have 5 children together – 3 sons named Miguel Alejandro Iglesias (b. September 7, 1997), Rodrigo Iglesias (b. April 3, 1999), and Guillermo Iglesias (b. May 5, 2007); and twin daughters named Cristina Iglesias and Victoria Iglesias (b. May 1, 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
He is of Galician, Puerto Rican/Spanish (Andalusian, Castilian, Valencian), and French descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Julio Iglesias Facts
- Between 1960 and 1964, Julio was Real Madrid Castilla‘s goalkeeper in the Segunda División. His professional soccer career came to an abrupt halt when he was involved in a serious automobile accident.
- In 1983, he was recognized for having recorded songs in the most number of languages in the world.
- In 2013, he was inducted into the ‘Latin Songwriters Hall of Fame’.
- His surname, Iglesias, in Spanish translates to ‘churches’.
Featured Image by Julio Iglesias / Instagram