|Alisson Becker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1992|
Alisson Becker commonly known as Alisson is a Brazilian professional footballer who rose to fame after playing for the Italian club AS Roma for 3 years. In 2018, he began playing as the goalkeeper for the Premier League club Liverpool and he has also been on the Brazil national team. He has compiled numerous titles and awards including being declared to be “The Best FIFA Goalkeeper” in 2019 and being conferred the inaugural Yashin Trophy.
Alisson Ramses Becker
The German, Goleiro Gato – the hottie goalie
Novo Hamburgo, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Father – Jose Becker (Worked in a shoe factory)
- Mother – Magali Becker
- Siblings – Muriel Becker (Older Brother) (Professional Footballer)
He is represented by Jurgen Klopp.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Natalia Loewe (2015-Present) – He has claimed to have fallen in love with the physician from Brazil, Natalia Loewe, when they first met in Porto Alegre and they got married in 2015. They have a daughter named Helena (b. April 2017) and a son named Matteo (b. June 14, 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent.
- Tall stature
- Sharp nose
- Mustache and beard
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Head&Shoulders.
Alisson Becker Favorite Things
- Belief – He derives his goalkeeping strength and stamina from the traditional herbal drink Chimarrao that he gets shipped over from Brazil
- He Is Never Without – A gourd of Chimarrao
- Passion – Food
- Hobbies – Playing the guitar, Listening to Brazilian country music
- Pastime – Staying at home and spending time with his wife and children, Inviting friends for barbecues at his home
Source – Dailymail.co.uk
Alisson Becker Facts
- He was raised in a tiny flat with his family on an estate in Novo Mundo that was in the poor Canudos district of Brazil.
- While residing at Roma, he was nicknamed “The German” as he was with his father and his grandmother who spoke the German language fluently.
- He kickstarted his soccer career by joining the academy of the Brazilian professional football club Internacional in Porto Alegre when he was 9 years old.
- Becker was bullied at school by his friends for being roly-poly and his mother was so worried about his weight as a child that she forbade him to open the fridge. His parents wanted to pull him out of the football academy as they had a tough time paying for it on his father’s low income and also they thought he was too short and overweight to make it as a professional goalkeeper in the future. It was his coach Daniel Pavan who had full faith in him.
- He and his brother used to drive their neighbors up the wall as they would keep playing football morning, noon and night.
- Becker has more than 6.5 million followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Granada / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0