|Lucas di Grassi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1984|
|Spouse||Bianca Diniz Caloi|
Lucas di Grassi is a Brazilian professional racing driver who won the 2016–17 Formula E Drivers’ Championship and is widely regarded as the most successful racer in the history of the Formula E, having also finished 2nd in 2015-16 and 2017-18, and 3rd in 2014-15 and 2018-19. He has also tasted considerable success in other racing championships having finished 3rd (2013), 2nd (2014), and 3rd (2016) in the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race; and 2nd (2016) in the FIA World Endurance Championship. Lucas has also participated in Formula One, primarily as a test driver in the mid and late 2000s. In 2007, he founded a fuel conservation organization named Smarter Driving and was appointed the UN Environment Programme’s ‘Clean Air Ambassador’ in 2018.
Lucas Tucci di Grassi
São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Lucas had attended a local institution named Santa Cruz High School from where he earned a high school diploma, after which he attained a degree in Economics from the Brazilian private business university Ibmec (Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais). In 2019, he joined Harvard Business School (HBS) to pursue an MBA degree.
Professional Racing Driver, Entrepreneur
- Father – Vito Di Grassi
- Mother – Leila Tucci Di Grassi
- 11 – Formula E
- 1 – World Endurance Championship
Formula One Teams
Lucas has raced for –
- Mild Seven Renault F1 Team (2005) (Test Driver)
- ING Renault F1 Team (2007-2009) (Test Driver)
- Honda Racing F1 Team (2008) (Test Driver)
- Virgin Racing (2010)
- Pirelli (2011) (Test Driver)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lucas has dated –
- Bianca Diniz Caloi (2006-Present) – Lucas and Brazilian designer Bianca Diniz Caloi began dating in 2006. After 7 years of courtship, they eventually got married in late 2013. They have a son together named Leonardo (b. July 2018).
- Juliana Carvalho (2011-2012)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Toned physique
- Has a mole under his left eye
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a rugged beard
Lucas has been sponsored by –
- Schuberth Helmets
- Blue Fox
Lucas di Grassi Facts
- Before starting his Formula E career, Lucas had had considerable success in several intermediate tiers. He had won the 2005 Macau Grand Prix and finished as a runner-up in the 2002 Formula Renault 2.0 Brazil series, the 2003 Formula 3 Sudamericana championship, and the 2007 GP2 Series.
- Lucas had also finished in the 3rd position in the 2004 Macau Grand Prix, the 2005 Formula 3 Euro Series, the 2005 Masters of Formula 3 event, the 2008 GP2 Series, and the 2009 GP2 Series.
- He is a polyglot and is fluent in Portuguese, English, Italian, and Spanish. He is also a member of the renowned high IQ society Mensa.
- Lucas is the founder of Zero Summit, an organization that works to develop technologies that can ensure a zero-carbon future. He is also the co-founder of EDG Advanced Bike Mechatronics.
- He has served as an advisory board member for Formula E Holdings and as a CEO and supervisory board member for Roborace, a platform for the development and testing of automated driving systems.
Featured Image by Lucas di Grassi / Instagram