|Danny John-Jules Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.75 in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1960|
Danny John-Jules is a British actor, singer, and dancer who is better known for playing as Cat in the hit sci-fi comedy series Red Dwarf. He has done films such as Scum, The Great Muppet Caper, Labyrinth, Little Shop of Horrors, Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, and Blade II. As a voice actor, he has voiced the character of Elf in the 2011 3D computer-animated Christmas comedy film Arthur Christmas.
Paddington, London, England, United Kingdom
He attended Rutherford Comprehensive School.
Actor, Singer, Dancer
- Siblings – He has a brother who works as a barrister.
- Others – Tyreece John-Jules (Nephew) (Footballer)
He is represented by Jonathan Altaras Associate Ltd, Talent Agency, London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 7.75 in or 172 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny John-Jules has dated –
- Petula Langlais – Danny John-Jules is married to Petula Langlais. The couple has 2 children named Danté Langlais-John-Jules and Danaè Langlais-John-Jules.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
He has African-American and Dominican ancestry.
Danny John-Jules Facts
- He went to the same school as Phil Daniels, Paul Hardcastle, Tony Grealish, and Gary Crowley.
- He learned gymnastics when he was in high school.
- His mother worked in the courts.
- Besides his acting career, he has also made various appearances both as a dancer and a singer. Before he was an actor, he used to be a dancer in a group called the “second generation” as well as in lots of productions in West End theatres.
- He was a member of Starlight Express where he played as a boxcar called “Rocky I”.
- In 1993, John-Jules released a song from Red Dwarf, titled Tongue Tied which peaked to the top 20 and later reached a high-ranking of 17. For this release, he was dubbed as “The Cat”.
- John-Jules got the role of Cat by turning up half an hour late for his audition schedule, all dressed in his father’s old zoot suit. At that time, he was unknowingly late, hence, he did not appear concerned about his actions at all. He then obtained the role as the producers thought he was cool enough to play the character of Cat.
- Danny was first well-recognized as an actor with Roy Minton’s critically acclaimed movie, Scum (1979) where he played as one of the inmates.
- He had made appearances as “himself” in various shows including Comedy Connections, Casualty, RI: SE, and Night Fever.
- On November 8, 2009, he made a quick appearance on BBC Two’s 2009 Valencian Moto Grand Prix coverage.
- In 1975, he appeared in the short film Seven Green Bottles as “Frog”.
- As a voice actor, he voiced 2 characters in Labyrinth (1986). He has also provided voices for the animated series Chop Socky Chooks for Cartoon Network, Teletoon, and Aardman Animations as well as in the 2015 remake of the British children’s animated series Bob the Builder.
- He portrayed the role of one of the dancers in the 1981 film The Great Muppet Caper.
- John-Jules took part in the 16th series of Strictly Come Dancing with his dance floor partner and professional dancer, Amy Dowden. He topped the leaderboard in week 5 with a tally of 37 points for his jive performance. In week 8, the pair got eliminated after losing a dance-off match to Graeme Swann and Oti Mabuse.
- He is a motorcyclist and regularly joins charity rides.
Featured Image by Paul Williams / Wikimedia / CC-BY-2.0