|Darren Aronofsky Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1969|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Darren Aronofsky is an American film director, producer, and screenwriter who has worked on projects like Requiem for a Dream, Pi, The Fountain, Black Swan, The Wrestler, The Whale, Mother!, Noah, Aftermath, The Good Nurse, Below, Some Kind of Heaven, Catch the Fair One, and many more. During the course of his career, he has been the recipient of numerous awards such as the Gotham Award, London Critics Circle Film Award, Webby Award, and San Francisco Film Critics Circle Award.
Brooklyn, New York City, United States
East Village, Manhattan, New York
Darren Aronofsky attended Edward R. Murrow High School in the Midwood area of Brooklyn.
He also took a study abroad program course from The School of Field Studies to become a field biologist in Alaska in 1986 and Kenya in 1985.
In 1987, he got enrolled in the prestigious Harvard University, where he studied filmmaking. He graduated from Harvard in 1991 with a major in social anthropology. He also earned an MFA degree in directing in 1992 from AFI Conservatory.
Film director, screenwriter, film producer, environmentalist
- Father – Abraham Aronofsky (Public Teacher)
- Mother – Charlotte Aronofsky (Public Teacher)
- Siblings – Patti Aronofsky (Sister) (Professional Ballet Dancer)
6 ft or 183 cm
83 kg or 183 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Darren Aronofsky dated –
- Rachel Weisz (2002-2010) – Darren started dating English actress Rachel Weisz in 2002. For their first date, Darren took Rachel to the famous New York amusement park, Coney Island. After almost 3 years of dating, they got engaged in 2005. In May 2006, Rachel gave birth to a son Henry Chance Aronofsky. They decided to go separate ways in November 2010 after living apart for months.
- Brandon Milbradt (2011-2015) – In 2011, Darren started going out with Canadian producer and costume designer Brandi-Ann Milbradt. They made their first appearance as a couple at a dinner party organized by rockstar Lou Reed in October 2011. Due to unknown reasons, they decided to go separate ways in 2015.
- Jennifer Lawrence (2016-2017) – Actress Jennifer Lawrence and Aronofsky started seeing each other after having met for the discussion of Aronofsky’s American drama, Mother. They started flirting and soon it snowballed into something serious. In November 2016, they were spotted sharing a passionate kiss in New York after a romantic dinner. The couple reportedly split in December 2016 after Jennifer commented about wet sponges to Vanity Fair. They reconciled later and separated again in November 2017. The split was amicable.
- Suki Waterhouse (2018) – In January 2018, Darren was seen with English model Suki Waterhouse having a meal together at Sundance Film Festival in Utah. They were never seen together after that publicly.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jewish descent.
Darren himself has not endorsed any brand, only directed numerous famous commercials.
Best Known For
- Getting nominated for a number of high-profile awards for his critically acclaimed movie, Black Swan (2010).
- Directing the cult hit movie, Requiem for a Dream (2000).
He made his first film appearance in an uncredited cameo in the 2000 drama film Requiem for a Dream.
His first film in the capacity of a director was Pi in 1998.
Darren Aronofsky Facts
- Darren is a staunch environmental activist and has been honored by PETA and Humane Society of the United States for his activism.
- In February 2015, he presided as a President of the Jury at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival.
- At the 68th Venice International Film Festival, he was selected as the president of the jury.
- He opted to backtrack from his production duty of The Wolverine movie as he wasn’t prepared to step away from his family for an extended time.
- He first got noticed for his highly acclaimed movie Supermarket Sweep, which was his senior thesis project. The movie was a finalist for the National Student Academy Award.
- His debut movie Pi, which was a psychological thriller, was made at a low budget of $60,000 and was sold for $1 million to the Artisan Entertainment.
- Darren has a passion for outdoors and he even went backpacking across Europe and Middle East before enrolling at the Harvard.
- He worked in collaboration with artist JR for the creation of The Standing March, which is an art installation that was unveiled in Paris to raise awareness for climate change.
- In 2001, he was selected as a member of the jury for the Sundance Film Festival.
- Darren has directed several TV adverts including fragrance La Nuit de l’Homme from Yves Saint Laurent, Revlon beauty products featuring Halle Berry, fragrance Hugo Boss feat. Natasha Poly and Theo James, etc.