|Darshana Banik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1994|
Darshana Banik is an Indian actress and model who rose to fame after becoming the brand ambassador for various brands including Colors, Vodafone, and Boroline. She gained further popularity by appearing in numerous Bengali films such as Shororipu 2: Jotugriho (2021) as well as in many Telugu movies like Bangarraju (2021). She has also been featured in a number of TV shows, for instance, Lockdown Diary – Galpo Holeo Satti (2020). Darshana has accumulated more than 650k followers on Instagram.
West Bengal, India
She went to East Calcutta Girls College, completing her undergraduate degree from there. Then, she earned her postgraduate degree from Rabindra Bharati University.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Sharp nose
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Godrej Expert.
Darshana Banik Favorite Things
- Telugu Film – Baahubali
Source – Ragalahari
Darshana Banik Facts
- She began modeling while she was a student.
- Darshana had been thrilled to do her first movie in Telugu named Aatagallu (2018). She has recalled that when she was modeling, she had appeared in a music video in Bombay after which the choreographer had forwarded her photoshoot pictures to the makers of Aatagallu. Darshana got a call-back and did 6 rounds of auditions. She got selected for the role after she proved her mettle by acting in some tough scenes and doing a photoshoot with her co-star.
- Darshana has thoroughly enjoyed essaying different roles that are both challenging and interesting. She had also always longed to be different people at the same time and acting provided her the scope to experience many lives.
- Her dream role has been that of a teacher. She has also craved to be a part of Pretty Woman, Debi Choudhurani, or Kahaani if they happen to get remade.
- Banik has disclosed that she has never been a fitness freak. She has cherished doing yoga or Zumba at home. She has hardly followed a strict diet but has usually avoided junk food. Banik has loved homemade food, with rice and pulses being her comfort food. Her daily diet has comprised a lot of fresh fruits and nuts along with an ample amount of water including tender coconuts. Her only weakness has been icecreams and pastries, and she has indulged in them once every month.
- She has found lip balm to be the one product she cannot do without.
- She has stated that she has seen that besides good acting, it is equally important to take care of the costume, hair as well as make-up during shoots, that actors can not afford to be casual about anything, from dialogue delivery to looks.
- Darshana has been the most comfortable wearing jeans and tees, paired with either sneakers or flats. She has liked nicely-fitted clothes and has relished colors like red, pink, white, and black. She has added that for evening or night outs, she has preferred fitted mini dresses. On a formal occasion, she has often opted for the traditional Dhakai Jamdani sari.
Featured Image by Darshana Banik / Instagram